Klipschhorns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Klipschorn

Listen, go to E-Bay(www.ebay.com),Point to Consumer Electronics,Then type in "Speakers" in the search box. Everything dealing with speakers coming through E-Bay will be listed. Several people advertise the sale of Klipschorn plans all the time. Next, point to the section that says sort by... There you will see several ways to go. the first one says "Items ending first". Push that and it will take you from auctions ending now, backwards. Next, and my favorite by far, is the "newly listed first" section. This takes you from the latest postings foward. I like this best, because it lets you sample everything speakers, and I mean everything, first! This gives you time to reflect upon what you may want. I'm not even going to caution restraint, because I would be wasting my time, it is so wonderful. Picture this. You are very hungry, and are seated in front of a moving table with every type and piece of prepared food in existance passing in front of you. What are you going to do? PIG OUT! I must state this up front. I take no responsibility whatsoever for your addiction to E-Bay!
Now, two or three times a day , go to this site, which you have hopefully bookmarked. and check out the listings. This may take awhile, but eventually one of your Klipschorn auctions will pop up. Some offer just the folded horn plans, and some will offer more. One fellow, who goes by the name of "easyed21", sells this and more. If you like Adobe Photoshop 6, Illustrator, and others, these may be included as an extra incentive(for comparison only, of course). Now, go out there and shop till you drop, or until your wallet is exhausted! PS:E-Bay takes a lot of time to digest, so go slow and ask questions and experiment. Also, remember that it is self policing, and relys upon your integrity. Always protect your good name from the start, and NEVER use bad bidding or buying habits. It will make it hard for you in the future.

Also, try going to the Klispch forum (from the main Klispch page click on the Forum button on top of the screen) and post there about it. Several people offered me plans when I had the wild idea to make them... I will tell you they are NOT simple on the inside. The trihedral folded horn is crazy.

Do a forum search for Klispchhorn-- I can't remember for the life of me which forum or what it was called, but there was someone who built a model of a K-horn ou of plexiglass to show it's internal structure of the basshorn. It helped me understand it a lot better.

Post there and someone will offer you plans...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.