• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Klipsch K 33 woofer vintage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Klipsch K 33 any one have one they would likw to sell? I have a pair of 1976 p code oiled Rosewood Cornwalls with one original and one later woofer, would like to make right before I sell. Or I have tons I can trade, don't hesitate ask, from tubes to whatever. thanks feel free to call 615 260 9569 or write J Via

I have a pair of K-horn Bass bins this or earlier vintage and was going to upgrade to BoB's new woofer's some time in the future (selling the originals on E-bay ) but I'm suffering a chronic found lack (also because of "the hobby') I have to open them up to check what's there as they were changing hands .
Regards, L

I opened up one K-horn (it sucks) and driver looks like contemporary Klipsch woofer.
The code is : K33E 67-8549 .I'm not familiar with the Klipsch codes and when I bought the K-horns I was told they are mid seventies .The cab code is:
Type K-B-WR
5M 525.
Regards, L

buy new and I have to buy two for them to match.

Your not putting a Corvette together so all numbers don't have to match. It is doubtfull that anyone would catch the fact that the woofers might not be from the same batch/number. It is common in warrenty work to replace the defective item and it is quite common to have to replace woofers. Would it affect the selling price? I sincerely doubt it. Would there be any sonic difference? I doubt it.

I have replaced a number of EV, Altec, JBL, Klipsch over the years and have plotted frequency response between the pairs and found them to be well within specifications.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.