Kicker DX1000.1 Protection help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pcb

Attachments

• 1575062052135264849367781078768.jpg
    1575062052135264849367781078768.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
Remove R22-10K Ω to disable the output protection. This may burn up r274,r273, r174,r173. You can remove them for the time being. If the amp comes out of protection, check for drive at the output inductors and. Also, check to see if you have oscillation on the output terminals.

replaced the 16R resistors and the amplifier came out of protection after a few seconds. This is one of my favorite kicker amplifiers. I ran this model at 1ohm for about a year with out any issues. What is the major difference between the red 1ohm previous model and this yellow decal model.

I don't recall there being any difference's. I will need to compare the two schematics. It's been a few years since I looked at these amps, but remember them being stout workhorses. I take it the amp is running now?

replaced the 16R resistors and the amplifier came out of protection after a few seconds. This is one of my favorite kicker amplifiers. I ran this model at 1ohm for about a year with out any issues. What is the major difference between the red 1ohm previous model and this yellow decal model.

There where a few things that changed. One resistor value change in the OCSET circuit of Pin 7 IRS20957 chips.

The other is a change to the circuit that controls the current sense Pin 3- of the UC3843, which would require a very detailed description without a schematic, which I can't offer.

I believe the reasoning to go from 1 to 2 ohm stable is, we where seeing a lot of amps come back that where being abused and unrepeatable.

There where a few things that changed. One resistor value change in the OCSET circuit of Pin 7 IRS20957 chips.

The other is a change to the circuit that controls the current sense Pin 3- of the UC3843, which would require a very detailed description without a schematic, which I can't offer.

I believe the reasoning to go from 1 to 2 ohm stable is, we where seeing a lot of amps come back that where being abused and unrepeatable.

correction: Unrepeatable should be unrepairable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.