Kicad: can't connect pins/wires

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been messing around with Kicad, and am having some pretty fundamental difficulties.

I created a simple diff-pair circuit with 4 transistors, 4 resistors, a ground and positive and negative power sources.

I ran the foot print association tool, and created a netlist. When I run the ERC, I get many "pin not connected" type errors. Also, I get no rats nest when I open the net list in PCBnew. I click the "show ratsnest" icon to no avail. As far as I can tell, all relevant layers (actually ALL layers) are set to be visible.

All I find on the web are people saying you need to make sure your grid isn't causing missed connections. I feel I have ruled this out. I also tried putting junctions everywhere there is a connection, not just at t-intersections.

I want to like this program, and although there appear to be some weird quirks (the whole separate footprint association program is a weird idea to me), I want to give it a chance. Unfortunately, I can't even get a proper ratsnest yet

Hmm.. I use it alot with no problems, workflow - make the schematic (make sure everything is connectet) -> Annotate it -> make netlist ->Run CvPcb(assign packages) -> PcbNew (draw outerlines) -> import netlist and check for errors.
If something do not connect in Schematic it is bacuse I have made a fault in the (self made) component drawing !!
Maybe you can find a allready made schematic/PCB and check/play with it to see if it works !?

I have been messing around with Kicad, and am having some pretty fundamental difficulties.

I want to like this program, and although there appear to be some weird quirks (the whole separate footprint association program is a weird idea to me), I want to give it a chance. Unfortunately, I can't even get a proper ratsnest yet

PM me and I'll send you a simple project that you can try to open up on your computer. I beat my head against the wall a few times sussing things, but I really like KiCad now, warts and all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.