Kenwood C2 U.S. versus Europe ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all -

I'm in the process of recapping my Kenwood C2. However, I see on the schematic a number of differences between the U.S. and European versions beyond just power supply.

For example, in the European version all of the inputs except for tape have a 180pf capacitor across them. Not the U.S. version. There are other resistor and cap differences within the amp circuits as well.

My question is, why? Should I care?

Mtfly

Local laws, rules and legislations

Into Europe, standard was to use RF drain capacitors into the input.... small countries...many countries together... a lot of radio transmissions and broadcasting...RF polution was high.

So...you will see them there.... those caps... from the input to ground... some into the input connectors and some into the amplifier input too.

During the sixties those caps were not there.... into seventies this turns standard.... High Speed ideas from the eigthies have remove them into some equipments, into nineties i have doubts if used or not...this goes changing.

Do not worry...be happy.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.