Kef sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a service manual for a Kef PSW 1000.2 subwoofer. There is a constant noise coming through the speaker when switched on.
I have checked for ground loop problems and there are none, I think there is a fault in the power supply. Adjusting any/all of the controls makes no difference, the noise continues at the same level and is more noticable when there is a quiet passage or there is no signal present.
Also, I noticed that there has been a post for the Kef PSW 2000 and there was a service manual available for this. If that service manual is still available and is of relevance then I would appreciate a copy of this.

Thankyou
Gareth

I have measured the terminals on the driver and there is 264 mA of DC. As I have said the noise is getting worse now and is pretty audible above some classical pieces.

I have pulled the amplifier of the back of the sub and have tried to have a look. I have noticed that the power supply capacitors have been 'set' in thermal compound. I have removed the screws on the circuit board but the power transisitors are fixed to a heatsink.

Has anyone got any tips for removing the cap's and transistors without ruining the pcb etc. The circuit board is the same as the PSW 2000 (it says on the board) except that there are fewer power transistors on the PSW1000. If there is a copy of the PSW2000 service manual then I would be gratefull.

Thanks
Gareth

Attachments

• dsc_0001.jpg
    dsc_0001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 256
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.