KEF SP1380 6 ohm B110

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Here are the parameters for the B110 taken from the database of WinISD.

Attachments

• kef b110 3.png
    kef b110 3.png
    7 KB · Views: 565
Be careful with the B110 parameters. All B110's are not created equal. For full identification you need the SP number. The SP1003 is not the same as the SP1057 or 1380.
For example, the SP1003 was a very early unit, with doped bextrene cone and PVC surround, whereas later units used polypropylene and rubber. They all have different T/S parameters.

Andrew

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
AndrewJ said:
For example, the SP1003 was a very early unit, with doped bextrene cone and PVC surround, whereas later units used polypropylene and rubber. They all have different T/S parameters.

The SP1003 was the B110 that was sold to the DIY community. I believe any other SP # (the SPA6340 may have been sold to the DIY too, but before my time) will have come from a KEF speaker that has been broken down for parts.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
pinkmouse said:
Fancy you knowing about the B110, you didn't perhaps start your TL fetish on the Hi- Fi Answers R50 design did you?

Actually the TL fetish started when i 1st heard a pair of Radford S.90s in 1975. We built clones using more affordable Philips drivers, and branched off from there. My 1st MTM was a triangulated TL using Harbeth 8" clear poly woofers (break-thru tech at the time), Jordan-Watts wall mounted TLs, Lowther Acousta's...

I didn't start using KEFs until later -- not much later thou. I got a job at a TV store and legitamized their HiFi dept. Started selling (& using) KEF drivers then.

dave

kef b110's

hi there
i have what i think is a set of modern b110's... they are from a set of kef coda 7 that was broken down for parts...an excellent little long throw mid woofer, goes down lower than many 6inchers ive heard..

im using them in a highend car audio sound quality vehicle, its a system i use to compete in iasca sound quality competitions, since ive been using these woofers ive won and placed at all the comps ive entered!!

the kef coda 7's as built by kef ... i measured the enclosure, it was around 8.5litres ported, 1" port around 3inches in length...

sealed should be...rule of thumb...around 4-5litres!

well ive used 3.5-4.5litres in the vehicles (2nd vehicle ive done with these drivers) and they work brilliant, ive got a 10" subwoofer crossed over at 65hz, and if i might say so myself i believe i have perfect midbass/subbass integration, you simply CANNOT hear the sub coming from the rear. which can mean only one thing, these little b110 beaut's obviously have a fair amount of output in the 50 - 100hz region...

if any one has the SP# model no for the woofer that comes out of the coda 7 i would be greatly greatful!! :)

its def not the sp1001... these ones i have have a dc resistance of 3.9ohm... while the sp1001 has 7.xohm resistance...

lemme know
cheers
Anton

KEF B110 SP1057 ..one blown from KEF Ref 101

HI,

I'm a newbie on this DIY Audio...so hello.

Problem: My KEF Reference Series 101 speakers ..has one blown B110 SP1057.

Any source of B110 SP1057 out there?

Is there an acceptable replacement driver made by another manufacturer?

Do you know if in a pinch there is not a significant difference between the SP1057 and the SP1003?...that the 1003 can be plunked in?

Thanks.
Luis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.