KEF b139 sp1212 data?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I could get these woofers for a fair price but I don't have their T/S data. I know they are only B139 model which had 4ohm voice coil. Are they anywhere near SP1044? I have T-line enclosures which were built for SP1044 (Hifi answers Cambridge audio R50) but they lack original woofer. I don't mind different impendance of driver as I use active x over anyway. Anyone have some info?
Thanks in advance

Tomac said:
I could get these woofers for a fair price but I don't have their T/S data. I know they are only B139 model which had 4ohm voice coil. Are they anywhere near SP1044? I have T-line enclosures which were built for SP1044 (Hifi answers Cambridge audio R50) but they lack original woofer. I don't mind different impendance of driver as I use active x over anyway. Anyone have some info?
Thanks in advance

I have not come across B139 at 4 Ohms, they have probably been made for another manufacturer, but here are the original specs of the B139 if it is any help. Mechanically I cannot see why they should differ, R and Qt & Bl may be affected using diverent voice coil, but this is easy to measure what the resonance is.

Attachments

• kefb139specgerman.gif
    kefb139specgerman.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,026
Thanks for your effort, but I have the data for sp1044 which you posted. This woofer I inquire about is also known as TS1212, it was made by KEF for their C80 speaker. I cannot measure their T/S as I have to buy them in order to do that. Thanks anyway.

Can I suggest you put "hifiloudspeakers" into Google. (Just one word as printed.) It is a site devoted to KEF units. If they can't help then you're in trouble! Like earlier posts I can't recall a 4ohm Kef available as separate DIY unit. True, they were used in some of their complete speaker units i.e. 104 Type II. BTW~Dave at "planet10" seems to know more than most about Kef units. Might be worth an email. No possibility of a photo I suppose?

Edit. I've just put "Kef B139 sp1212" into Google and got a reference to another thread in this site. He too had a C80 and they were 4ohm. A rare unit apparently.

So try the internal search function here and you may get some assitance.
Good luck. Jonathan

resurrecting a very old thread here, but did you have any luck with the B139 SP1212 in your transmission line cab?

i've just taken a punt on a pair of these for a fiver off ebay, looking to replace the duff B139 SP1044 in one of my R50's

i figured for a fiver it might be worth a try, but did you have any luck?

as has been noted they are a 4ohm unit specifically for the KEF C80 ... would anyone know if theres a way to make these 'appear' as 8 ohm to the crossovers?

i'll be trying them with standard (but recapped) R50's x-overs

cheers

Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.