Kef 105.3 assembling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
unfortunately a scheme of factory doesn't exist , first clem_o then me we have drawn the scheme reading the pcb.
this is a very simple operation when there are few component.
unfortunately the crossover of 105/3 is very complex, and he has been very difficult to draw the scheme .

I have found some differences between my scheme and that of clem_o .
As already says, because the crossover is different from sample sample, to contain the resonance of the tw with a trap notch .

nevertheless my true problem is that I don't find the phase among the section low and that mid-high .

Does they go to opposite phase among them, but with the section low positive or section mid-high positive?

would like us a manual service of factory.

Hi,
sandor626, what impedance (8 or 5 ohms) are your 8" woofers (KEF B200) or the specification number/model. They should be connected parallel as the xover, isn't it? If you have the same colours (red/black/gray/orange) you can connect these cables. In the mean time I am only checking this LF xover unit. I will get back later (days, because I will check one by one/and I have exams to the end of the month) after I checked the HF unit. Do you have red/black wires connected to the top woofer?

Your problem is between the mid-bass/uni-Q or in the uni-Q/treble unit?

Hi ,
Inductor, I have revisited the scheme of Clem_o , and I have found some errors. you send new scheme.
The B200 in use is model SP1257 of 8 ohm , the complete loudspeaker is 4 ohm.

I have to find first the phase between woofers, then between woofers and mid-woofers.

Attachments

• lf_xover_sandro.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 175
KEF B200 Phase on 105/3

sandor626 said:
Hi ,
Inductor, I have revisited the scheme of Clem_o , and I have found some errors. you send new scheme.
The B200 in use is model SP1257 of 8 ohm , the complete loudspeaker is 4 ohm.

I have to find first the phase between woofers, then between woofers and mid-woofers.

Are the woofers marked with a plus sign or a red dot to help you w/ the connections. And the colour cables are connected to the xover or to the drivers?

KEF B200 Phase:

Attachments

• kef 105-3 b200_phase.gif
    kef 105-3 b200_phase.gif
    7 KB · Views: 507
wrong mid-section

Hi again,
It seems that your mid-section (Low-Mid Driver) xover is wrong. I posted it for you to check. I will see if you come up with something different.

Note: L1 is also wrong, you have 7uH, maybe it's 7mH.
L9=1(?), maybe it's 1 mH.

Attachments

• kef xover105_3_low-mid_driver.jpg
    kef xover105_3_low-mid_driver.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 349
Hello Inductor,
that was the scheme of clem_o .

My crossover is different . My scheme that I send you however must have checked.

The value of the condensers is checked, that of some resistances is different, that of the inductances is not sure (I have to check her).

LL = LOW LOSS condenser

LOW-MID is connected for red + and black - wires.

Mid ( uni-q ) is connected for green + and yellow -

tweeter ( uni_q) is connected blue + and brown -

The polarity is reported to the drivers of loudspeaker.

however I have to open the loudspeaker and to check everything.

In every case it seems that the woofers and the low-mid have to

go to opposite phase ( also for acoustic test ).

Attachments

• my_hf-mf_xoverckt.jpg
    my_hf-mf_xoverckt.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 338
sandor626 said:

In every case it seems that the woofers and the low-mid have to

go to opposite phase ( also for acoustic test ).

No.
Same phase, at least with what concerns the xover.

Anyway your xover does not look like a good "piece of equipment". It is wrong somehow. Ask for the original schematics from Kef or here:
http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/speakertalk/

Are your Low-Mid Drivers connected in series or parallel? Are they 8 Ohms or different? Do you have their references and specs?

Hello,
Inductor, this is the problem !

I have not received answered by KEF, neither from HIFILOUDSPEAKER FORUM.

I can found only on my crossover and on my acoustic judgment.

The mid-low are in parallel , they are 8 ohm, naturally, being the loudspeaker from 4 ohm.

Soon I have to study the crossover HF and I will send you other photos. hi

kef 105-3 phase-woofer&low.mid driver

Ok, this is good for a start.
Post spec or references the like, SP_xxxx and Bxxx (like the B200 8"woofer). If you, by the way, know where to find the specs for the speakers (webaddresses) like the UNI-Q and the others, just keep posting here if they are from your 105/3.
Do you know what references they are for the tweeter on the UNI-Q driver?

(note: please also direct me to the question you posted in that forum if you can, or the date so that I can check.)

Attachments

• kef 105-3 phase-woofer&low.mid driver.jpg
    kef 105-3 phase-woofer&low.mid driver.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 300
sandor626 , if I am correct with this one, you might be to.
The incident and reflected waves are in opposite phase. This corresponds to the passage of sound from a dense to a rare medium.

So we have the bass line in opposite phase:

(+) to (-) on lower woofer,
and (+) to (+) on Low-Mid Driver.

(The same as in your xover.)
Half of the speaker is checked. :checked:
Do you follow me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.