karma line arrays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well got the drivers in and wired them up wow talk about dynamic
the sound is amazing and thats only one side:D

Attachments

• mvc-733s.jpg
    mvc-733s.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 402
Stuffing.....Diffraction.....Baffle Step

Karma,

Some cabinet stuffing often helps the midrange by removing reflections from the rear cone. I like using Corning 705, similar to ceiling tile material.

Simulations of line arrays and line sources shows a much smoother SPL curve with ~ 4" radius sides. There are free programs at FRD Consortiumthe you can try out.

http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/frdgroup.htm

Less baffle step compensation seems necessary for line arrays than single drivers, so some experimentation may be necessary.

Kool nice job on that one.Hey are those posts dry?I'd assume you know this but I ask cause if they are you might point that out to the less knowledgable before they run to their local depot. Cause if they were not they'd probably twist into a pretzel or crack in short time.Some might think it's like plywood just take home and cut and glue hehe.

its a 4x4 post and its dry so i dont think it will twist if it stays dry.
if it does twist it was a bad idea,i like to try new things that no one has tryed.

we shall see.:D

i didnt just go out and buy the wood its been siting in the sun for a year covered

Re: Stuffing.....Diffraction.....Baffle Step

LineSource said:
Karma,

Some cabinet stuffing often helps the midrange by removing reflections from the rear cone. I like using Corning 705, similar to ceiling tile material.

Simulations of line arrays and line sources shows a much smoother SPL curve with ~ 4" radius sides. There are free programs at FRD Consortiumthe you can try out.

http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/frdgroup.htm

Less baffle step compensation seems necessary for line arrays than single drivers, so some experimentation may be necessary.

thanks for the link, and yes thay will need some cabinet stuffing

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.