JX53 linear array

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think the Bandor is than equal to version before the JX53? I heard something about similarities on another forum. Response to 30khz is mentioned on the site of Jordan, but is not true when you look at the graph on the same site (max. 20khz, 30khz is -15db).

What is your opinion when you compare Jordan JX53, Bandor 50 and Tangband W3-871S?

Not sure if this helps, as I haven't heard the Tangbands. I have heard (and have in my system) the JX92 and JX53. The 53 is quite delicate and electrostatic in character, gives a good HF without drawing attention to itself (ie without the over-etched quality of traditional tweeters).

I heard the Bandors a few years ago (so admittedly they may have been previous versions - and I was comparing them to the mk1 JX53 at the time). I thought they sounded more closed in, without the imaging abilities of the Jordans.

Colin

The thing I like about Tangband is that it has a paper cone. Metal cones can have breaking up pronblems in higher regions and with higher volumes. In a line array this will be a lesser problem I suspect.

I just received two W3-971S-es so I can start experimeting with them!! :)

>Metal cones can have breaking up pronblems in higher regions and with higher volumes

Depends on the metal cones, of course. Whilst most of the industry goes for rigid cones, the Bandor and Jordan have a more sophisticated approach. They both have a 30-odd year head start on the others, after all.

However, if I couldn't have either of those, I'd go for paper too. (Plastic is meant for sandwich boxes.)

Colin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.