Just Saw I am Legand

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We just saw that movie, Will Smith can carry a movie and he does well in this one.

Not the usual 'competent everyman' character Will plays -- but the same character after three years of failure and isolation.

His face is haunted by his failings. It explains the ending to understand that.

Good movie, we'll be watching it again.

hooverjr10 said:
great movie made me jump some parts overall i would tell you to go see

Would have been better if they didn't have the superhuman creatures and the super cheesy cgi effects; some nice scenes, but it doesn't hold together well, IMO. In the book (they were undead vampires, they knew where he lived, and he would clean up bodies on his front lawn daily) he systematically went through town during the day and killed vampires. There was a subculture of partially resistant humans called the "still living" which sent a woman to talk to him and eventually they captured and killed him. He was a legend among the still living as one who killed both them and vampires during the day when they slept.

LousyTourist said:
We just saw that movie, Will Smith can carry a movie and he does well in this one.

Not the usual 'competent everyman' character Will plays -- but the same character after three years of failure and isolation.

His face is haunted by his failings. It explains the ending to understand that.

Good movie, we'll be watching it again.

Haven't seen it yet but am looking forward to it. I was always a fan of "Omega Man". O few years back I bought the book "I Am Legend" and then watched the Vincent Price adaptation, "Last Man On Earth". That comes very close to capturing the essence of the book which I thoroughly enjoyed. My understanding of "I Am Legend" is that it is closer to the book than "Omega Man" was.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.