Just got lm3875 and it won't fit in breadboard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there something I can get for a breadboard that lets me connect it? The LM3875 chip's pins are spaced too wide to get into the breadboard, and I think the pins themselves are too big even if they were spaced correctly. What am I supposed to get to use this thing?

Thanks!

Only 5 out of 11 pins actually do anything on this chip. Perhaps you could cut off the NCs and bend the remaining pins to fit some enlarged holes in a breadboard?

The other two alternatives are to build 'in the air' or to get a standard PCB from a source like eBay.

Here is a breadboard layout for a LM3875 as per the datasheet. R4 is mounted upright across adjacent tracks. It includes zobel components R5 and C5 which you can omit as required

Attachments

• lm3875.jpg
    lm3875.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
What pedants :)

Sorry, I always use the term wrong because I never bother with breadboard as with tinycad and veecad I can knock out a design for stripboard very quickly and if the circuit is right it always works with no worries over poor joints.

For reference the pins on a LM3875 will not fit in a BREADBOARD but will fit in a STRIPBOARD:D

best regards

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.