Jordan JX92S as surrounds: Overkill?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was just lucky to get 3 remaining Jordan 125's from Bob at C.S.S., and they are great speakers. They are capable of going nearly full range. I used them in a 25 litre box utilizing a 2 inch vent. They go down to approxamately 35Hz, and the top end cut off about 250Hz in this configuration.

The line array that I built is mounted on top of the 25 litre bass box and they comprise of 4 Jordan 52's per side. I use a 10Ù resistor to pad down the volume of the array as they are significantly louder than the bottom bass section.

These speakers blend in just beautifully with each other. For a sub I used 2 extremis 6.8's (Adire) in a 66 litre box with a 14 inch by 3 inch vent. They go down to approxamately 23Hz, and they blend very well with the Jordans (espetially with music). These speakers I use often as surrounds and I have never head anything better.

Joe

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Dolby have written various papers on how to optimise a cinema - and they're well worth reading. I bought a pair of JX92Ss from Ted Jordan after hearing them on a friend's system but I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't decided what sort of boxes, baffles, or transmission lines to put them in. Built the amplifier for them, though. To get back to the thread title, having been involved with cinema design and construction and mastering suite design and construction, I'd definitely say that having JX92Ss all round is not overkill. Nice if you can afford it.

JX92's I have heard them in both T.L. and vented boxes,both sound good. The T.L. [ Jordans version ],produced more bass,to about 40 hz,in the version I made.To me they look a lot better than just the usual vented box.I would use a good tight ,[fast],sub with these speakers,accordian surround types, or multiple small woofers in one box.
Joe

Zombies, Methheads Is there a difference ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.