John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you have made it plain on multiple occasions that there are a number of things you 'hate,' 'can't stand,' etc. Anything that annoys you catches your ire, and that includes people that disagree with you without providing proof to your satisfaction that you are wrong. Of course, it annoys you to be wrong.

So the 7805 can sound better than a modern LDO, understood and duly noted.

If and when I'll buy a DAC based on the AK4499 I'll make sure I pop the lid and check out the regulator; If it's anything but a 7805, in particular one of those QFN leg less monsters, I should let the salesman know about one Mark4 on the DIYAudio forum and his amazing conclusio,n then pass the deal, right?

I would never listen anywhere near 92dB average level possibly not even 70dB. The numbers here are not making sense, there are speakers with 90dB/W sensitivity, at 6 Ohms DC resistance that's 400mA. So at 1W in I could boil water with a voice coil?

Last speakers were 95db/W.....new ones are 98db/W

Idk what’s not making sense except for the utter lack of respect for my hearing?
tbh, I’ve been around extremely loud music my entire life and can still hear up to 15k......if anything my hearing is getting better (at least in the range I can still hear!)
poking around the web there’s some mention about genetics being involved as to how sensitive one is to loud noise.

Edit......yah, wow....I always liked the way Dave carried himself. RIP

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:D

Attachments

• 01D0F378-707A-4082-9341-3C6FE277C625.jpeg
    01D0F378-707A-4082-9341-3C6FE277C625.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 191
But once you put into the formula that he (affiliated with jam's audio business) has gone into the full blown shill mode now (was in sleeper mode when he joined this forum), then it makes sense. :nod:
Then that would be called "alleged audio professional".
Paranoia - Wikipedia

Double blind with level matched hands:
Paranoia.jpg

Last edited:
But once you put into the formula that he (affiliated with jam's audio business) has gone into the full blown shill mode now (was in sleeper mode when he joined this forum), then it makes sense. :nod:...
What has Jam Somasundram ever did to you that you find it offensive for anybody to give an opinion on his work? Are you trying to tarnish his good reputation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.