John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is our small parts storage cabinet made by Lista. Each drawer has completely configurable modular dividers.

Attachments

• parts-cabinet.jpg
    parts-cabinet.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 178
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Here's the northwest corner and the southwest corner of my workshop. I scored a used, eyepiece-less stereoscopic microscope, on eBay, which is great for soldering surface mount PCBs by hand. (link to mfr website) . You can just barely see the Audio Precision 2322 (not working at the moment) in the 2nd photo.

_

Attachments

• LowRes.JPG
    LowRes.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 163
  • SMD_microscope.JPG
    SMD_microscope.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 155
Mark -- Very nice. I'm putting in a new workshop and was wondering about what to do with the corner. What are you using for bench tops?

I'm looking for ideas before I wrap-up that project - I don't want to redo it and probably over-thinking it. Everybody's photos really help.

Thanks
Phil

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Mine's "Galant" from Ikea. They sell corner units that attach to extenders on either side, with a very rigid attachments. My workbench is a horseshoe shape with two corner units and three straight sides along the walls. I chose the white ABS plastic option for the desktops, which provides a nice high contrast when you drop a part and need to hunt for it. You can see three black TO92 parts, taped to the desk, immediately to the left of the roll of blue masking tape. Those little bitty parts are quite visible thanks to the color contrast.

In the last 18 years Ikea has really taken hold in the states. I remember the branch opening in Chicagoland when I lived there and it was the main item on the evening news!

We're replacing all our cabinets with them next month. The stuff the builder put in 5yr. ago when this place was built is simply non-functional. As with woodworking, cooking, painting, etc. the fancy tools are not a substitute for the talent/passion of the user. We used to accuse our Chinese painting instructor of having secret "magic" brushes that just didn't "behave" like ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.