John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backe is cheek, pfeife is a blow.

(pfeife is also slang German for penis, which turns the word much more amusing in my perception)

Yes, but Backpfeife means a slap into the face ( Ohrfeige), so it means , someone has a face demanding to be hitted, here in switzerland we say Ohrfeigengesicht, if someone is stupid like a piece of bread and talk only bs.

Anyway, our standard Schweizerdeutsch is not well understood by germans, but fortunately i understand german and austrian dialects pretty good.

An 'inherent' characteristic of the German language is sticking words together, no space inbetween.

FB_IMG_1454673869856.jpg

Jacco,

I gotta thank you that idea of using the 4.7K resistors and 110V to my head really cleared up the cold. You should try it but with 10K for 220V.

For the other folks Zicam zinc tablets really did shorten the cold to 3 days! I almpost hate to tell you what works well for a sore throat. Cocoa butter! (AKA known as white chocolate.)

Just finished repairing a pair of Tannoy System 6 NFM loudspeakers. Got them from a radio station that got sold and moved. Both had blown tweeters. Turns out 12 turns of 34 gauge wire (superglued) and a bit of ferrofluid each were all they needed. A 1" dowel fit perfectly for the coil form. Will have the guys do a frequency response test later.

Being a heel, in a hurry and rather sweaty, I skipped the resistors and went straight for the 220.
(if you're interested, really nice scar images, tribOl-electric chest tattoo)

All others, I advise chicken broth (home made) with an added fresh and whole hot chili pepper (keep it whole and remove before consumption).
It's what everyone, other than caucasian, does during/for a cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.