John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two poodles . . .

Snack Dogs.

Not even mine ! ,many thanks for everything but those old dinosaurs belong in the deep past ,

hopefully talented young kids from all around the world brings so much good new & fresh music

We make a point of seeking out young, talented people and supporting them any way we can. Kickstarter, house concerts, CD and download purchases. It's very rewarding to us, especially when some of the kids make it big and still remember us. One of the things we always do is, when we hear someone doing interesting and creative stuff, to ask who it is that THEY recommend.

Dinosaurs who had something interesting to say 40 years ago and now coasting on their name. Not my idea of great music.
silence.jpg

Dan.

Sadly all on vinyl. Reminds me I need to see how much Edgar Froese the human body can handle without meltdown. I was very into tangerine dream for a few years but after 20 odd years started collecting again. Got a good deal on some box sets and now have a bit to work through.

Bill I have to be very honest with you ,
just forgot about T.dream , they belong in deep past to , Edgar Froese is dead (RIP) ,since
this new from very talented boys & girls electronic music art is way more interesting and exciting , at least for me ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMxIoBEOeAA

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Is she actually 'playing' anything? I am very pleased a lot of this music is being produced but seems to be very much an early 70s synth revival. Instruments made of breadboards and spaghetti are back in. Again I approve. But we should lookl back as well as forwards. And a nod to people like Steve Reich and Philip Glass who one could argue made all of this possible with their classical works.

The more you listen to the more you can appreciate. At least that is my excuse when I play things the boss is not keen on.
test. Based on what you like, you should like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8as_BN5h5YQ (Arvo Part). Would be interested if you don't why.

I should note I actually bought the full 8 hour recording of Max Richters Sleep :)

So, yes, we're at an impasse. And, frankly, as fun a topic as this might be, perhaps a "Philosophy, ontology, and epistemology" thread would be a better place to lob this out.

I'll leave with this then step out: so if that's your opinion, then how can you project that on to anyone else? What is this reality that we commonly share that allows you to judge that other's judgement is so, dare I say it, objectively wrong? As much as I'll confess that my roommate (paleo diet) brought TWO pieces of cake home from a work function last week so that I could (1) have my cake and (2) eat it, too, in such manners as this: it cannot go both ways. The sword cuts on both edges.

The trick is to understand that when one bites, one's non-existent teeth are in one's own non-existent butt. The connectivity is both real and implied, and the reflection is actually the more potent of the pair. When you kill a man, you lose more than he ever will (in the given exchange). It can take a lifetime to understand that. To add, we use the word time when +99.999% (pick a number) us have no idea what time is. Both you and the sword are one, one with the dying man. Philosophy says that and so does the entirety of the quantum sciences.

Is she actually 'playing' anything? I am very pleased a lot of this music is being produced but seems to be very much an early 70s synth revival. Instruments made of breadboards and spaghetti are back in. Again I approve. But we should lookl back as well as forwards. And a nod to people like Steve Reich and Philip Glass who one could argue made all of this possible with their classical works.

The more you listen to the more you can appreciate. At least that is my excuse when I play things the boss is not keen on.
test. Based on what you like, you should like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8as_BN5h5YQ (Arvo Part). Would be interested if you don't why.

I should note I actually bought the full 8 hour recording of Max Richters Sleep :)

Well now she don`t need to play any conventional music instrument to make very high quality music art , new technology allow this advantage ,
Arvo Part , I know that artist , it is OK , but
check for Pawel Szymansky , Phylakterion , and many
thanks for attention on Max Richter , Sleep . :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.