John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I knew this was coming.;)

Self-charging battery causes a stir in Dublin pub test

Ken don't miss this, it's been how many years?

Almost a decade?

If we test humanity in the context of global scaling, ie, QED to Newtonian,or from nonexistence to reality sets/ranges, or from theory to fact..we find we need a group of stability and an edge of said grouping that can and does change.

If the stability of said grouping extends to the edges of said group, then no change is possible,and humanity is a commodity. Repeating itself, dead and unchanging. To a greater circle of logic, a commodity, a commoditization of the grouping is very possible.

When the edge of humanity is under control of a given external group or under control of the edge itself, or issued as a command enforcement from a tick embedded in the core of the group..we arrive at a control scenario.

Realized by the group or not, it remains as a control scenario.

This relates to Steorn as possibly, that of the persecution of Galileo. A thought that, by proper analysis... cannot be eliminated or factualized.

Since we are all remote to the actual and full complexities of the Steron scenario, the deeper reality, outside of factualizng their scenario, is one were theory reins supreme ....and anything goes, from full reality of over-unity to trickery being attempted to gain favor of some sort.

In such a case, we can discuss or try to understand, but we should consider to not eliminate it entirely, one way or another.

Somehow I knew this was coming.;)

Self-charging battery causes a stir in Dublin pub test

Ken don't miss this, it's been how many years?

Actually you can make such a device as described in the article! Of course it is in reality sold as an energy harvester. A simple coil of wire and a very low voltage drop diode feeding a low leakage large value capacitor should do. Stack up enough of them and you can do exactly as described, charge a cell phone every so often. of course you will need to pick you charging site with care. Back in the day of CRT color television on top of the set would do nicely if the set used a start up degaussing coil. Today I would store it on top of a mains distribution transformer.

Now if anyone wishes to purchase this magic device I certainly can price it out!

SY

At least he pokes fun at Schumann offshoots, every wonder what Freud would say about your stalking horse of alien probing?

Is that your take on the HP 4328A Milliohmeter? It used AC excitation (for a whole lot of good reasons) and measured only the resistive vector.

Verifying over a frequency range is really difficult. I found that at milliOhms the inductance of a short wire can be significant. What you may be seeing is the inductance of the series impedance affecting the reading. i know low inductance milliOhm resistors are not common. In fact they are really hard to make. I believe JNeutron showed one way and that would be a good starting point for checking the test system.

I was given a copy of a manual for a Siemens contact tester that looked for momentary variations on contact resistance. I was interested but the instrument was far too involved to hatch a copy. Essentially it applied an HF signal across the contacts and any variation in the amplitude was recorded.

Once someone asked for a bit of a white paper on the liquid metal cables. I gave them some images from a bluray...of a spade terminated speaker cable set of liquid metal cables..three of the four legs of a 4 foot stereo pair....being used to transfer a 1080i component video signal. 'There's my white paper!' I said. Of course, they invariably had no idea what the hell I was on about.

Due to how the ear hears, the inductance vs milliohm ratio as a interference pattern/differential, is always significant.

We don't hear the micro levels, we hear the peak levels.

On those peak levels, the micro differentials are also extant.

They are swamped by the measurement technique and gear, but critically, not by the ear.

The ear is extraordinarily sensitive to complex harmonics as a set group, in their individual components. All in level and time domain. The combination of the pinna and the inner ear and the brain as a decoding system over time, in a FFT(ish) repetition, as a set, dictates this reality.

This is where the liquid metal cable score big, in gross and micro levels, or in any complex level of excitation. Once the driving force ceases it's impetus (if you will) and thus ceases field state enforcement...we go to local field collapse, as the local system changes orientation according to the local external field which wishes to collapse.

Once they both locally, at light speed, at the Planck length level, align with one another, the dissipation happens locally, at the Planck length levels. Since they are aligned, they inter-relate at QED function levels, and no field collapse can shoot out the ends of the cable as a expected measurable differential. (numbers are all wrong.....)

Thus the liquid metal cable presents serious difficulties in measuring complex in-situ dynamic LCR. As found by Texas Instruments and various telecommunications corporations and laboratories.

The end result is a cable for audio purposes (if designed for that application) which is superior in all ways for said audio use, which is at minimum, a full magnitude beyond any form of lattice structure wire, or non-magnetic methodology such as carbon fiber.

Complex LCR as we know it, is a result of using frozen lattices such as elements which suffer from enforced polarization and thus formed pathways which separate field types from their original QED level homogenized complex spin.... and enforce channeling of them in specific ways. Lead and lag arise from the lattice and it's integration.

In the liquid metal, the lattice rules are grossly relaxed and QED/planck/etc nearly reigns supreme. Thus it is more an MHD and RF electrical analysis with exceedingly high mass, in the QED domain. There is some minimal electron orbital alignment and connectivity, obviously, but it is indeed a true liquid, at the atomic level, similar to that of any water or thermally agitated element in liquid form. At this time in the known human lexicon of possible measurements and theory, it is a thing that remains not wholly defined, but suspected. Likened to the issue of modelling complex arrangements of molecules in interaction, which we can barely do even a few of.

One has to go back to Faraday's original analysis and original Maxwell..pre Heaviside and pre-lorenz analysis. (not lorentz) The simplifications were necessary for motor design and for hand written mathematical analysis and engineering.

This was and is the heart of the the relativity and QED misalignment.

Last edited:
Due to how the ear hears, the inductance vs milliohm ratio as a interference pattern/differential, is always significant.

We don't hear the micro levels, we hear he peak levels.

On those peak levels, the micro differentials are also extant.

They are swamped by the measurement technique and gear, but critically, not by the ear.

The ear is extraordinarily sensitive to complex harmonics as a set group, in their individual components. All in level and time domain. The combination of the pinna and the inner ear and the brain as a decoding system over time, in a FFT(ish) repetition, as a set, dictates this reality.

This is where the liquid metal cable score big, in gross and micro levels, or in any complex level of excitation. Once the driving force ceases it's impetus (if you will) and thus ceases field state enforcement...we go to local field collapse, as the local system changes orientation according to the local external field which wishes to collapse.

Once they both locally, at light speed, at the Planck length level, align with one another, the dissipation happens locally, at the Planck length levels. Since they are aligned, they inter-relate at QED function levels, and no field collapse can shoot out the ends of the cable as a expected measurable differential. (numbers are all wrong.....)

Thus the liquid metal cable presents serious difficulties in measuring complex in-situ dynamic LCR. As found by Texas Instruments and various telecommunications corporations and laboratories.

The end result is a cable for audio purposes (if designed for that application) which is superior in all ways for said audio use, which is at minimum, a full magnitude beyond any form of lattice structure wire, or non-magnetic methodology such as carbon fiber.

Complex LCR as we know it, is a result of using frozen lattices such as elements which suffer from enforced polarization and thus formed pathways which separate field types from their original QED level homogenized complex spin.... and enforce channeling of them in specific ways. Lead and lag arise form the lattice and it's integration.

One has to go back to Faraday's original analysis and original Maxwell..pre Heaviside and pre-lorenz analysis. (not lorentz) The simplifications were necessary for motor design and for hand written mathematical analysis and engineering.

This was and is the heart of the the relativity and QED misalignment.

Time Cube!

Not for me. :D She is a great music scout for me (she was a pro for many years, playing keyboards, guitar, trombone, bass, and vocals), matches my audio-world friends drink for drink and actually enjoys hanging out with them, sets up our house concerts, does the critical photography for my articles, plays Trusty Assistant in my listening tests, sets up and maintains the music server, rips our music to HD, designed and coded my website, and keeps her whining about what my system does to the appearance of the living room to a dull roar.

She probably thinks they're as kinky as you are... you know blind folding each-other every time you want to confirm anything around the house, music, dish-soap, bedroom stuff, etc.

My personal life is somewhat different than my professional and avocational life.:D FWIW, she is rather disgusted with the nonsense that dominates the audio world and finds the rampant hucksterism and gullibility repellent.

She is an extraordinarily intelligent woman. This is why she loves hanging out with Jan Didden, Scott Wurcer, Morgan Jones, Variac, sonidos, tubesguy, the Ewert brothers... And she's smart enough to understand how human brains work- like me, she is an avid fan of magic, and unlike me, her Twitter feeds are followed by people like Penn Gillette and Teller.

And if you understand any of that (my prior post), you will have the tools, possibly, to understand that Jack Bybee is no charlatan. He's selling a premium solution for problems that people who can hear specific things, can perceive. He offers specific solutions to people who want those solutions. It's a case of QED in-situ.

Lead and lag arise from the lattice and it's integration.

As does past and future, but that one is a bit difficult for most folks.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree and spend my time to underline-this. "Hifi is a make-believe game". On the other side, human senses are far more complex with often more returns than measuring instruments, because able to feel differences than the measuring instruments cannot enlighten. Did they exists, or are the products of our brains ? It does not matter, all this was made to excite our senses. And there is not a single musical instrument in all our galaxy witch was not made by humans (as far as we know ;-)
To want recording and reproducing music to be a pure objective and scientific process is totally a non sens, on my point of view. The exact opposite of the goal. Well, show a photography of a chicken to your cat. Is he going to try to lick-it?

I think we're talking past each other at this point. I fully appreciate that music is an emotional experience and don't want to somehow reduce it to a bunch of 1's and 0's, even if that IS the medium by which we transport it. And you and I aren't going to listen to the same music in the same room at the same time and have the same experience of that music.

As far as one enjoyment of listening to music, if putting a photograph of yourself in the freezer gets it done, whatever. Just don't try to tell me that you've found new detail in your music and that the highs feel more breathless without mentioning that, honestly, this is probably all up in your head.

Likewise don't try to pass off that one opamp sounds like this and another sounds like that unless you provide a whole lot more details (measurements, DBTs). The ear/brain is simply not as good a measurement instrument as you're suggesting. It's playing off unblinded opinions as objective truths that gets me.

Ken, have a cite on that one? I'd like to see it.

I never bothered to look at it but Ti gave me the entire test results of their explorations on a set of CD's/DVDs.

They are around here somewhere.....

The gentleman involved was/is indeed their top man...but he did, IIRC, this 'bit' (of lab work) on his own time and probably not in official capacity.

I've not bothered him to pursue that as a point in clarity (can I has share cheeseburger?), as it is understood, by me, that he found... just about what I expected him to find.

Last edited:
That's why I think miniDSP will either be a boon or drive me mad. I can have 4 EQ's pre-saved on the vol-FP which should cover most scenarios.

Don't be so pessimistic. I think that a mini DSP, in conjuction with a flat loudspear response reaching down to say 40 Hz at its -3 dB point, will open new venues of sound for you. I think that with any luck you will be opening a new outlook of the recorded sound, which can be better to much better than we are normally accustomed to by modern production techniques. They (Mozart, Beethoven, et al) actually sound much better when you have a solid low end.

And while it's true that the smallest room size value will determine your low end probaby before te loudspekr will on its own, do not be fooled - you actually do hear sounds below it, albeit it's all mucked up, it's still there. Ultimazely, even if this does not happen, what you do have will sound cleaner and more coherent than with some dinly li'l boxie with a mid/bass driver of say 16 cm working all the way up to 2.5 kHz or higher.

Have some faith! Oh Lordy, have mercy on this sinner, for he has seen the light, and due to his teeny little boxie, which is a two way design, and has losses in the midrange, he hath not heard thy choir of angels proprely!:D

Kidding aside, do go for a decent 3 way speaker.

I never bothered to look at it but Ti gave me the entire test results of their explorations on a set of CD's/DVDs.

They are around here somewhere.....

I did find some stuff, liquid antennas, etc. but the power and frequencies were beyond most audio use. There are some strange things going on.

Re: Steorn, they seem to be playing around with he same sleight of hand as the motionless electromagnetic generator folks. You "generate" over unity in extremely large very short pulses that are extremely hard to integrate into a measure of real work done. With typical hand held meters you can get just about any result you want. I have also seen the phase between current and voltage ignored.

The self charging battery thing is a known phenomena. To take the electret one step beyond, so to speak. To go that way in complex alloy structure.

I think that such things should be quietly put aside and not be too deeply explored at this given time. I hope I don't have to say the words I'm thinking.

Time Cube!

Ok, sure (just googled that one).

I don't know about you, but I could really have fun with a 8 day weekend. Or a 96hr Friday. I would really bring new meaning to the term 'on a 3-day drunk', or 'three sheets to the wind' would finally mean something other than sailing.

".....arguing among many other things that Greenwich Time is a global conspiracy."

Ah, yeah, um, sure, it definitely is. But... what of it? Conspiracy for a egotistical 'first post!', maybe, but I'm not sure that it can be classified as a crime....

Last edited:
Re: Steorn, they seem to be playing around with he same sleight of hand as the motionless electromagnetic generator folks. You "generate" over unity in extremely large very short pulses that are extremely hard to integrate into a measure of real work done. With typical hand held meters you can get just about any result you want. I have also seen the phase between current and voltage ignored.

Well I certainly can do better than that. I did try one fellows perpetual energy source. It was a zinc rod inside a copper water line. For some reason it generated a voltage, unfortunately even dimly driving an LED it failed after several months, but who would stick around that long checking a battery anyway?

Even my windmill only lasted a few years till one blade broke. Of course it was good for 10 watts or so while it lasted. Solar panel was taken out by a hail storm but is was only a 20 watter.

Personally I have always liked the designs for perpetual motion machines.

Shame there are so few practical energy harvesters. No small ones yet that I have seen that cover the energy cost to make them.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yeah. I remember Barrie Gilbert's polemical discussion of how bad conventional op amps should be for I-V conversion. Nelson says some like passive even when it may entail non-monotonic behavior. The one I saw that raised my eyebrows had, I recall, a 10 ohm terminating resistor, followed by a tube stage.

My mentioning of that should not be interpreted as an endorsement.

In the late 90's I did the I/V for our D1 DAC which used a Mosfet in
Common Drain mode, and I was informed by several members of the
audio community that it couldn't possibly work.

My response was "Are you saying that this sounds bad?" :)

This was later used in the Zen I/V converter (attached), and is the
approach exemplified (dare I say improved?) by EUVL's project.

:cool:

Attachments

• Z-IV.jpg
    Z-IV.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.