• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

John Broskie Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been building John Broskie kits for a while now, buying them through his Glass-ware store. Lately I noticed that most of the kits are out of stock and John is not answering emails regarding the orders already placed but not received.

I was wondering if anybody heard from John lately and if he's doing OK.

I have been building John Broskie kits for a while now, buying them through his Glass-ware store. Lately I noticed that most of the kits are out of stock and John is not answering emails regarding the orders already placed but not received.

just got my ACF kit, no probs (and it was from the other side of pond)

I think you can cut John a bit of slack

Obviously you like John's products.

But, for crying out loud, if you want immediate transactions, go buy something from Wal*Mart. I think you can grant John a few more weeks before you start trashing him. You are not dealing with a global conglomerate. Relax partner.

But, for crying out loud, if you want immediate transactions, go buy something from Wal*Mart. I think you can grant John a few more weeks before you start trashing him. You are not dealing with a global conglomerate. Relax partner.

For the quality and the size of his site, I sure wouldn't complain too much. Like Chip has mentioned, Wal* Mart has all kinds of "Stuff" available at all times. So if speed is the problem, you've just simply been shopping at the wrong store.

Best Regards,
TerryO

He's notorious for not answering emails. Apparently he is swamped with emails with all kinds of questions and just doesn't bother. Also a lot of audio guys like Broskie are not exactly on the cutting edge of email technology and probably get junk mail w/ regular mail which only makes things worse.

Given how small audio shops can drop offline yet still have the order pages up so that unwary customers pay for something they never get, the poster's response is perfectly reasonable. Frankly not responding in a timely manner is IS bad customer service. Even a simple 'I got your email please give me X time to respond' goes a long way.

People were making expensive purchases from Vacuum Tube Valley until recently, not realizing the owner passed away in 2009...

Tend to agree here - service is 'sloppy' at best. Highly frustrating, because the products themselves are astounding in quality. I even emailed John once to correct a simple error in one of his manuals...no response, never even updated the manual. Someone needs to hire an assistant, methinks!

Everything is out of stock for a while now, except few items. "Out of stock" label next to each listing on Glassware site would be helpful...

I've been watching the Glass-Ware site for 6 months off and on and have yet to see the Aikido phono pre NOT out-of-stock. I did manage to contact Mr. Broskie back om October 12, 2012 via email and he mentioned then the kits would be
available soon.

ray

He's notorious for not answering emails. Apparently he is swamped with emails with all kinds of questions and just doesn't bother. Also a lot of audio guys like Broskie are not exactly on the cutting edge of email technology......Someone needs to hire an assistant, methinks!

I can't speak for John, but the last time I heard from him via email (several years ago) he was in the same place I am in. My board business, Tubelab, is a part time venture. I have a full time engineering job that demands 50+ hours per week. John worked for a simulation software company when I first talked to him. He has changed jobs since. Tubecad was also a part time venture. There are two other guys I know from this forum that sell PC boards, they too have full time engineering jobs for a major electronics company.

Tubelab, and probably Tubecad, pays for itself in most years, although Tubelab has lost money in the last two years. Hiring an assistant is out of the question since there is no budget. Another forum member is rebuilding my sick website....for free.

I get 100+ emails a day, not counting those already trapped by the spam filter. I do answer any email regarding transactions, and ship orders as soon as possible, but this is all I can do on most weeks. I routinely get several emails a day asking me to choose one of two or three Chinese amps for someone who I know nothing about (what music through which speakers) and I don't keep up with other products in the market place.

John told me that his situation is similar, only he gets even more email than me. I agree that not answering email about orders that have been paid, but not shipped is bad for business. In my case the company I work for forbids any Tubelab related correspondence from work. That only leaves evenings, and Sundays....maybe a few Saturdays. He did a similar dissapearing act several years ago, and it was because he had to move across country for a new job.

I think he had someone else doing his order fulfillment at one time. I ordered an Aikido board a few years ago and it was processed by Yahoo, and sent from somewhere other than California.

I ordered Aikido 12Vac from him couple months ago and lost the manual. On Tuesday, I emailed him using order confirmation email, asking him if he could email me a softcopy. He replied my email on the next day.

You may tried again with confirmation email. This may help get through the spamguard.

I ordered Aikido 12Vac from him couple months ago and lost the manual. On Tuesday, I emailed him using order confirmation email, asking him if he could email me a softcopy. He replied my email on the next day.

You may tried again with confirmation email. This may help get through the spamguard.

Have you finished your project yet? Im in the process of completing mine and i have an annoying hum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.