JL HD750/1 burned Power supply

I have this amp here for repair. The PS Mosfets IRF3205 are burned., Removed them, and checked the Waveform at the gate, scope ground to B-... There is no signal, only 12V floating up. Remove remote, after a few seconds, the 12V are going to 0V.
How to check this amps?

So, back to this amp. Somebody tried already bad repair job... So, if i mount the ps fets, they open directly if i connect b+ and - without remote. Removed some diodes, now its ok, but i have no amplitude. Somehow there is all the time something like a small sine wave between gate and source, but also on all other transistors. So which part is for the power supply modulation?

Quote: The sinewave is from our power net...Somehow it was affecting my measurments.

Attachments

• IMG_20200620_172558.jpg
    IMG_20200620_172558.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20200620_172634.jpg
    IMG_20200620_172634.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20200620_172639.jpg
    IMG_20200620_172639.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I have a 3808A Low power current mode push pull pwm controller, beside is a l339 Quad comparator. Damaged is a rectifier Sf1606G . One leg is shorted to center. The other diodes, i dont know the funktion, but the diodes are ok, but if i measure with diode test the solder place, one direction shows short, if i change the measure tips direction, then its ok.

The controller is ok, and shows a good amplitude... But i cant find, where the signal goes..
Found now, that the signal goes into a TC4427E, driver chip. Input is ok, output is floating.

Last edited:
These are rough notes from a 600/4. I have no idea if they're even remotely close to what you have.

Remote turns on Q505 and the collector remains low as long as remote is applied.

Q504 pulses on but as soon as D508 reaches breakdown voltage, it's driven off and remains held off as long as D508 is above threshold voltage.

Q503 controls the low-voltage/driver supply. It allows the supply to power up when Q505 pulls to ground (when remote voltage is present). It stops conducting when Q505 is switched on. This allows it's drain to go high and allows the driver IC to produce output pulses. D513 allows it to be switched off immediately (gate pulled towards ground). This allows the LV supply to immediately switch on.

When remote is voltage is removed, the collector of Q505 immediately goes high but the voltage on the gate of Q503 doesn't immediately go high enough to turn Q503 on. The voltage is delayed because the cap C541 is slowly charged by the 10M resistor two places below R501. This gives the LV supply a 15 second delay turning off (like other JL amps).

When Q503 is not conducting (remote voltage present or turn-off delay), it's drain is at approximately 2.5v which allows the comp pin of U503 to be the same and the IC produces output. So, Q503, immediatly switched of with remote and during the off delay.

Q500 controls the main supply that produces rail voltage. When Q505 switches on (remote on), Q500 switches off and allows its collector to go high (2-3v). This allows the main supply to power up. Q500 switches on and off with remote with no delay.

Received the new parts, and still working on the remote. I cant find, from where the UCC3808 get his voltage. Found the transistors and diodes, that you mentioned. Found also, that the voltage on one transistor swing from 0 to 1.2 V ... But no direct connetion to the pwm driver..

So, started again.
Can somebody give me some part numbers?
Iam not sure if the ic´s are right, because one has a hole inside:
u500: Its the IC below the power transformer: Seems like 2808 A-1 83M ASLX
U503: Backside: TC4427AV Gate driver
U504: Backside: UCC3808ADTR PWM

yes, seems xyou are right. The led is flashing green red now.
But my ic´s are wrong. At ic 504 i expected a pwm driver, but i have at pin 7 11VDC without the three ic´s inside. According datasheet, this should be a output.. So, if somebody know the correct markings or part numbers, it would be very helpful.