this is the real one......not that drek ya posted :clown:

Attachments

• manitou3700.jpg
    manitou3700.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,694
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Reporting in:

I tried and tried, but I couldn't get satisfying sound out of this - I built 2 layouts and protoboarded it, but I think it needs to be adjusted for each specific setting according to the rest of the system.

I did find that the zhaolu 2.5 dac puts out a much larger output than my dvd player :xeye:

Testing:
589413761_99b4854d51_m.jpg

Trace layer - there is a trace missing between PSU Cap + that was fixed:
589413647_79a64111df_m.jpg

Top layer:
589413541_9ef5a0705f_m.jpg

CMOY killer version - next to some 2SK389V and 2SJ109BL:
589413401_358c6f9aa4_m.jpg

I haven't given up yet though, just taking a break - I'm planning on building a version with cermets in place of some of the resistors so I can tweak on the fly :smash:

Hi there!

I'd like to build a boz and add a tone control to it (i know it's not such an audiophile approach :angel: ) but i don't know how to do it.

I'd like something that boost upper and lower leaving midrange frequency untouched. Is it possible to do? Are there schematics avaiable?

Many thanks in advance.

Ciao! :)

Marco

Back on topic :bawling:

Jfet BOZ deceived me! :bawling:

When I built it, I was testing it with amps that do have some voltage gain. With F2 lite, Jfet BOZ was working fine, very clean and musical as well.

What happened? I modified F2 into "Ota-one transistor amplifier". For those that didn't read that thread, that's simply a follower-no voltage gain. So I had to push Jfet Boz more...and then it distorted...:dead:

I cut one of 27 ohm source resistors. Became a bit cleaner, but not much...Ok, at low volumes it still sounds wonderful, one of the best combinations ever heard (jfet+ota). This made me want more...but Jboz distorts!

So it seems that it is not capable of swinging enough voltage, or maybe I need to experiment more with resistor values. Or, add two batteries more, and make it 36v supply...:scratch:

Regards,

Vix

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The circuit has a sweet spot, but outside of that, it won't work
as well. More supply voltage will increase the distortion.

You will need a more complex circuit, or one whose JFET better
fits the characteristic you want. Offhand, I don't have a
suggestion for that part.

Suffice it to say you will need a more complex circuit than that
to do the job.

I guess it's a good time to trot one out...

:cool: