Jericho cabinet with Lowther DX4 help

Thanks for the feedback all, I'll run them for a couple of weeks before I do anything.

In the mean time I've been looking at the Voigt pipe design, i would be interested to hear any first-hand experience, they look fairly straight forward to build and from what I've read give very acceptable bass

Last edited by a moderator:
Lowther with some correction sound very good 👍

If you support with a good subwoofer it will be very good.

I know how BLH works and it needs bass support.

I have also made open baffle system with Lowther PM6A and it sounds very good with a notch filter to tame the peak (Lowther shout).

Here with a fast 15 inch PA sub and Tone Tubby 12» Alnico from 70-300 Hz.

So my reccomandations are:

Notch filter, subwoofer and also to test a supertweeter around 10000 hz with ONLY ONE capasitor in order to not mess with the phase. :)

IMG_9498.jpeg

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Mass Loading = restricted terminus.

Lancet-MLVH-300418.png

A folded ML-Voigt for the FE108e∑.

Nandape has done a bunch of those.

Here is one we did for 4 Peerless 830870. Here the restricted terminus is just the thickness of the build material. It has a midTL on the front and we had to contort the shape of the Voigt.

Facets-w-A52-nodriversS.jpg

Facets-drawing.png

And an example of a Woden Festival ML-Voigt

Samhain-103-extents-160923.png

dave

thanks for the advice, i will try it. i was also thinking of building a voigt pipe for these drivers, they look reasonable to build even for me, will they improve the bass
Hi, if you want deep bass out of the lowther, build the ” Big Fun Horn”. I have a pair of EX3 in them. They are large tho and will need room. I use about 8 watt VFET class A amp with them. I have tried differrent enclosure but the BFG puts out the deepest bass. I don’t need to use a sub with them.

IMG_0005.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Appreciate your reply but as I said I dont know much about speaker theory.
ls it the enclosure itself that makes the lowther drivers unsuitable if so why is that?
what parameters of the drivers makes them unsuitable
what driver would suit the enclosure and why.
what enclosure would suit the dx4 and provide decent bass ( other than the lowther made enclosures)

would appreciate your help deciding which way to go

cheers
If I interpreted Freddy's numbers right (I changed conical to parabolic and used an optimistic 0.5 pi and set "path" to a rough estimate, no filling) this should show the response. A more experienced modeller could probably use their talents to adjust things to have it perform better. This can be imported into hornresp to play further with. It doesn't include the absorber chamber present in the Jericho's although one can be simulated in hornresp using the input wizard. In Talaert's thread on the newish Jericho, Dr Boar posted where the chamber is effective--reducing peak around 180hz IIRC.

Attachments

• Jericho-lowther.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 33