Jensen 32 cell horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GM

Joined 2003

Attachments

• z37.jpg
    z37.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 283
  • z38.jpg
    z38.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 267
  • z39.jpg
    z39.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 261
  • z40.jpg
    z40.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 253
  • z41.jpg
    z41.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 251
  • z42.jpg
    z42.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • z45.jpg
    z45.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 126
  • z46.jpg
    z46.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 140
They look cool, look at the throat on that thing look how long it is I think those tiny cells have something to do with it.But I feel there is no real advantage by dividing 8 cells into 32.Now if they made a 32 cell and kept the cells original size like putting together 4 - 805's :p Now that would be one mean horn.

One thing I like though is the ribs that they have around the cells that has to help some with stiffening them up and limiting the resonances.

Last edited:

GM

Joined 2003
You're welcome!

Yeah, I used up all my BW over there in two postings. :eek:

Not AFAIK. Bifurcated^3 seems a bit too abstract, so I guess 'segmented' best describes it.

Well, we know that the more sources there are, the more diffuse the sound-field and at some point our internal processor overloads and sums them. Factor in that each throat is smaller, making its HF corner higher and I imagine it's a superior performer overall, especially in the near-field. For sure, I envy the patience/skill of whoever made it.

GM

GM

Joined 2003
Hey GM, I tried to help out with some BW of my own for you. :p Thanks for the cool pics you posted !!! Awesome ! :)

Greets!

Thanks! I'm surprised you haven't long since used up yours too. Then again........

Hmm, just checked and they must have increased our allotment since I last tried to upload something quite awhile back as I now have ~87.26% available.

You're welcome, though whoever posted it for sale on ebay is the real 'hero' here.

GM

Greets!

Thanks! I'm surprised you haven't long since used up yours too. Then again........

Hmm, just checked and they must have increased our allotment since I last tried to upload something quite awhile back as I now have ~87.26% available.

You're welcome, though whoever posted it for sale on ebay is the real 'hero' here.

GM

I'm going to send you an email on how to get by that Bandwidth Problem ;) that I just learned :D But you had the sense enough to copy the pictures so you do get some credit "My Friend"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.