JBL project goes wrong, advice needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
maybe i dont post the measurements because i dont have time because i read all the replies that leads to nowhere
Well, with due respect: You've been given tons of advices and asked many times to perform measurements for us to get some clue, but you're still refusing. In this case, what else do you expect than hints »leading to nowhere«?
I for mself can only tell that I've not any issues at all with the LF performance of both my 2225H's in their properly tuned ~4 cuft vented enclosures.

Best regards!

Even the product data sheet recommends 140l cabinet with 5x5 inch bass reflex tuned at 40Hz and it’s clear that the LPF should be perhaps 1st order at 200-400Hz max to have baffle step compensation in place for the smooth transition to mids. In a two-way design you would need an extremely good horn with flat response from 800 Hz.

https://jblpro.com/en/site_elements/2225h-j-information

Last edited:
All I was going to offer was that a 4 inch diameter port seemed pretty small to me.

Pat, if you're still here -- did you miss the suggestion regarding TWO 4 inch ports? Seems like THAT wouldn't violate your *Prime Directive* ..

Wanna tread lightly, though, since the OP seems OK with issuing a challenge to somebody with GM's professional credentials.;) (I'm guessing he doesn't know.)

Cheers

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
i am still there. sorry for the confusion english is not my native language
i am still waiting for my components to test cross over
and my RTA died on me (Audio control SA3050A)
i will post TONS of measurements when i will get there.

no matter who's credentials i am electronic engineer too with 30+ years worth of experience. programming, pcb design, RF and automotive/transportation/railway power systems. reason is, if someone keep on poking me i will react. i am not just there yet to take measurements.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I’m surprised to see no new info or feedback on the advice already given. You have been given tons of advice in this thread on the limited info provided by you, I don’t get it why you have this attitude about it when we only try to advice the best we can to save you money and time. Hope your project will improve and that you end up happy after all but please don’t take your frustration from the bad design out on forum members trying to help you. If you don’t have time that’s fine you should perhaps not build your own to begin with, this hobby is about trial and error more than anything. Also if you lack the ability to take advice maybe not ask for it as it seems to have an impact on your ego too.

dont take it personnal you gave me tons of valuable info.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
All I was going to offer was that a 4 inch diameter port seemed pretty small to me.

Pat, if you're still here -- did you miss the suggestion regarding TWO 4 inch ports? Seems like THAT wouldn't violate your *Prime Directive* ..

Wanna tread lightly, though, since the OP seems OK with issuing a challenge to somebody with GM's professional credentials.;) (I'm guessing he doesn't know.)

Cheers

i am stuck with the 4 inch port for now, at what power level will it max out ? can you tell me ?

sorry for the confusion english is not my native language
rudeness, lack of basic proper manor and humbleness is a french thing i guess ;)

i am electronic engineer too with 30+ years worth of experience. programming, pcb design, RF and automotive/transportation/railway power systems.
this is your problem. none of your mentioned experience is relevant in the acoustic/physics/fluid mechanics engineering, let alone crafting of woodwork and carpetry, you probably haven't touched relevant subjects in 30 years if at all depending on your education. the fact that you have to bring your experience up to protect your ego is also just embarrassing, 30+ years of engineering should learn you do set the right goals and realistic objectives based on your requirements first, and then review your design secondly before any procurement. now you used your 30+ years of non-relevant experience trusted your intuition instead of doing a proper objective engineering. this is also typical for your experience level, I see it a lot the know-it-all's. i seriously suggest you drop the tone and rather appreciate the input. hits to the ego at this age is hard i know, but you will come out stronger.

dont take it personnal you gave me tons of valuable info.
i didnt take it personally. i was just interested in your project and how you could come out of it without starting over. you still can. but its up to you, you have all the input needed but it depends on your capacity.

good to see you back btw, still hope to see your project succeed :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
ok, i give up.
other ego is also very embarasing.
been in automotive and home audio all my life, making speakers enclosures in the early 90's with the first programs simulators, bla bla bla...i bring up my 30+ years of experience to protect my EGO ?
who are you to say me that ??
can you justify even only one single of your assumptions ?
not even one answers here on this page did come with ANY explications. if you pretend beign such knowledgeable persons why in the hell there is so much bashing on me ??

i seriously quit.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.