JBL GTO 14001

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought this amp off a friend ..

So far i replaced the power supply fets (IRF3205) Replaced the gate resistors (100 ohm)

Replaced the 47 ohm 5 watt resistors that sit next to the relays

Removed all output transistors since they were defective... Replaced the 2 IR2010 Driver IC's on the the Audio driverboards..

As soon as i apply power ground and remote the amp will draw 20 amps of current and theese resistors start smoking within 5 secs i can see smoke comming from them There is no outputs in the amp right now since im trying to figure out why theese resistors start smoking within 5 secs

Any ideas ??

Attachments

• jbl.JPG
    jbl.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 243
  • JBL1.JPG
    JBL1.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 166
  • JBL2.JPG
    JBL2.JPG
    333.7 KB · Views: 147
Ok solved that problem..

Put the outputs in the amp and now when powering up L9 squeals loudly if i keep taking the remote wire off and applying it over and over again i can get L9 to stop squealing and the amp will produce clean audio..

See pic Any ideas??

Attachments

• JBL2.JPG
    JBL2.JPG
    334 KB · Views: 132
Those resistors appear to act as a load for the output stage before the relays engage.

Did any of the heatsink mounted transistors heat up when L9 squealed?

Do you see any signs of overheating on L8 or L9?

Is it possible that the amp isn't powering up properly because the 12v power supply doesn't have enough current capacity?

When it did power up, did you see clean audio on the positive and the negative speaker terminals?

Those resistors appear to act as a load for the output stage before the relays engage.

Did any of the heatsink mounted transistors heat up when L9 squealed?

Do you see any signs of overheating on L8 or L9?

Is it possible that the amp isn't powering up properly because the 12v power supply doesn't have enough current capacity?

When it did power up, did you see clean audio on the positive and the negative speaker terminals?

No Heatsink components got hot..

The amp is powering up now without the driverboards in it Im putting sockets in for the driverboards so i dont have to keep unsoldering them dont wanna damage the board..

Ill try to get it powerd up again as soon as i get done soldering the sockets in place..

L8 and L9 have no signs of over-heating..

If i plug both driverboards in L9 starts squealing..

If i plug only 1 driverboard in doesnt matter which one the amp will power up and idle normal

If i plug the driverboard in this location L9 starts squealing it doesnt matter which driverboard i plug in this location L9 still squeals

Attachments

• JBL1.JPG
    JBL1.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 119
If i remove both driverboards the amp powers up and idle's perfectly..

If i put 1 driverboard in the amp In this location yellow arrows pointing to it the amp will power up and idle perfectly.. it doesnt matter which driverboard..

If i try to put a driverboard doesnt matter which driverboard i use in this location Red arrows pointing to it L9 squelas like crazy..

So im guessing both driverboards are working correctly and the problem is on the main board..

Attachments

• JBL1.JPG
    JBL1.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 73
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.