JBL 2226h, what to do from here?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have to use those tweeters! I can pick up some others no problem, the woofer seems to be by far the most expensive part. But, if they were a viable option I would love to use them.

You can use Selenium tweeters. Sounds brilliant. They have wide range of compression drivers & flairs. Their super tweeter range has wide variety of bullet & slot loaded tweeters. They are not that expensive. If blows, replacement diaphragms are also cheaper. Real value for money. I had used them numerous times with JBL 2226H successfully. Had never let me down. I had used their D3300Ti & D3305Ti with 2226H in 2 way & D4400Ti with dual 2226 / 2 way arrangement. A lighter weight neo magnet version of D3305Ti is also there. Now Selenium is under the umbrella of Harman International group & had merged with JBL as ....... JBL /SELENIUM.
Vivek

I have a 2225 I could make into a subwoofer.... But I would want it to be powered, and I have no idea what that would cost to build. How much would someone pay for the reconed 2226h?
Dont trade off those 2226's. Even after recone they will sound 100% as to your expectations. It's a brilliance of JBL's engineering with patented SFG & VGC technologies. Making waves way back from the starting 90's till today, still in production. Lot's of drives came in and got discontinued. But this one stood as rock. Top of their pro sound boxes are fitted with 2226. Their newly introduced STX series are equipped with them. It has wide range of possibilities. It is the only driver which JBL has used in versatile applications...... in tour sound as stage monitors, in 2 way, dual 2 way & 3 way arrangements, as sub-woofer & array sub-woofers. In installed sound in night clubs & disco's, church, theaters, stadiums, auditoriums. In cinema sound as front main, as center, as cinema sub-woofer. Also in the recording studio's .
Some way or some how 2226 finds its way into every application you can think off. That's why many DIY builders around the world have innovatively used 2226 in many of their build offs, plans & projects.
Vivek

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.