JBL 2213 12" where can I get them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The ferrite variant?

I prefer them because I can run them closed box without fear of demagging them; in that alignment, you've gotta put some power to them for high SPL. They model a bit better, as well.

No L100s had ferrites in them, to the best of my knowledge, and they still bring respectable resale $$$ due to their vintage cachet; it's 4311B and 4312(A) is the resource for 2213H. 4310 and 4311A had alnicos....

What Badman and ZilchLab failed to mention is that you can regularly get the original alnico version on ebay for about a fifth of that price or less. Just search "jbl 123*", that'll find you both the 123a-1 and 123a-3 versions.

Last edited:
Closer Source

I'm looking for a pair of the JBL 2213 12" woofers with the white cone, I think they look very nice and I have a nice project in mind! Also is there any info on them like parameters?

Thanks

Here are to parameters you requested:

Driver Parameters (TSP)

MFG JBL
MDL 2213\2213H*
EBP 48 Hz (Fs/Qes)
VAS 235 L
Qts 0.49
Qes 0.52
Qms 8.5
FS 25 Hz
Sens 90 dB SPL
Pmax 50\75 W*
Xmax 7.87 mm
Sd 0.049 m^2
Re 4.4 Ohm
L 0.6 mH
Bl 8.9 Tm
Flux 1 T

Sourcing

Why not use drivers from Precision Devices? Their products are of a quality equivalent to that of JBL, and they are located in West Yorkshire, which is a lot closer to you. There are four 12" models from which to choose. See:

Precision Devices International Limited

Also for MF drivers they make 6.5", 8" and 10" units, as well as, LF drivers in 15", 18", 21" and 24" sizes. See:

Precision Devices International Limited

Regards,
WHG

The ferrite-magnet 2213H version (preferred) is still available direct from JBL, $454 apiece MSRP, currently.

The T/S parameters for many JBL woofers, including vintage ones, are available here:

getfile

They are also in the databases of many available box-modeling programs....

The document contains errors. Some errors are obvious, like MMS sometimes in grams and sometimes in kilograms,.. but there are others.

I think noone takes that file seriously at JBL any more.

For example the very title of the pdf contains an error, and last revision is from 2008.

Last edited:
The document contains errors. Some errors are obvious, like MMS sometimes in grams and sometimes in kilograms,.. but there are others.

I think noone takes that file seriously at JBL any more.

For example the very title of the pdf contains an error, and last revision is from 2008.
Geez Louise, talk about arguing with the wrong person; the kind Mr Zilch passed away some time ago in Feb 2011.

The post you quoted is over 7 years old, so if it's incorrect or outdated, so what, you should expect as much. Google the current T/S doc from JBL.

Geez Louise, talk about arguing with the wrong person; the kind Mr Zilch passed away some time ago in Feb 2011.

The post you quoted is over 7 years old, so if it's incorrect or outdated, so what, you should expect as much. Google the current T/S doc from JBL.

Ugh, I didn't know. Really sorry, I respect Mr. Zilch and his contribution,

This was not an argue, just an observation...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.