Jasmine Audio Turntable Motor

Some time ago I purchased a Model TM-401 from Jasmine Audio.
Only powered it up recently. The motor emits a notable burr noise and when turning the pulley by hand there is physical "cogging". I am resided to the possibility that an internal motor change is require, can anyone suggest a replacement, the unit has a 12v/2a input.

Return to supplier is not a possibility due to time and distance.

Neither is the option of contacting the manufacturer who, for anybody interested is-

Jasmine Audio -Longhua District-Shenzhen-China.

I see the updated TM-501 uses an external motor.

Two dealer so far have stopped selling their products.

Not finding much info on your turntable if its belt driven then it sounds like under load the motor design or manufacture has a fault , if direct drive then it could be various things .

Check belt alignment and any transmission of noise from the motor to the chassis.

Your right limited return time is part of the sales contract.

The motor is probably fine; the drive circuit is likely not working properly. I have never seen one of these in the flesh, so this is speculation. I would change the power supply capacitor with another of the same value and voltage rating from a reputable brand like Nichicon, Panasonic or Elna, for example.

Why? Capacitors, particularly unknown brands, often fail prematurely and not being used speeds up failure. Lack of torque and cogging is a symptom of power power supply waveforms. Nothing will work properly if the power supply isn't working properly. It's and almost no cost repair, so nothing to lose. it's the blue one in this photo:

HTB1Hl1pXTwKL1JjSZFgq6z6aVXaq.jpg

3 possible replacement motors

Hi, As the motor is DC, you can change it to almost any other DC motor with the correct RPM. DC motors for running T/T are normally around 4500 to 5000 rpm, then the speed is stepped down to get the correct range. However if you cannot identify the exact motor then a replacement unit may not work with the internal circuitry.
I have used two motors this year
1st - an O/Live DC200 (not Maxon) motor.
2nd - Maxon 226774 motor (not tried this one, but used by lot's of people)
3nd - Now I have changed to a motor from India, better than the O/L DC200. It is an Escap 26N 58 216E 1. I picked 2 up new from E/Bay at a heavily discounted price, so it was worth taking the chance. Now I am happy to recommend them.
There is actually a chap in the UK who is selling them with a controller, but he is rather expensive.

Cheers

When from what I can find out jasmine has put out 3 pods, I owned a 1st version & nothing flash. 1st DC; 2nd; DC ungraded circuit, 3rd AC!!.

esprit just need to take the motor out & see what the connections are to evaluate if it can be changed.

Cheers