• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

It’s a disease!

I just can’t stop building amps! Here are two KT120 SE, one KT88 SE, a EL34 SE, and a KT150 SE amp! Along with four pairs of speakers, only one of which is full factory made(Martin Logan). The others are my creations that range from a 6 inch Audio Nirvana to a Tannoy 3133 and a ScanSpeak DiApolitto Setup I built 28 years ago. I’ve got two more amps about half done, a PSE EL84 and a GU50. I can’t stop! Help me!
IMG_1102.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users
Yup.
Let's see what we have here in my 21 sqmtr cave:

12B4A SE
PCL82 SE
PL36 SE
807 SE class A2 (monoblocks)
PL36 PP
6AV5GA SE
807 PP class A2 (monoblocks)
807 PP UL
PL81 PP
6S4S PP

+ a few SS amps...and some guitar and bass guitar amps... and about 1200 litres of speaker cabinets... And some R2R machines and various recording equipment... :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
The only PP amps I have are a HK A224, Dynaco st70, Mac MC30, and MC225, and a Fisher 500A receiver. In my bedroom live a little 13EM7 spud amp and another KT150 SE. If I put any more in my bedroom my gf says they will be the only thing keeping me warm at night! Don’t get me started on parts! I’ve seen people with much more but they are hermits that live alone with their tubes!

The KT150 sound very very good! They have a powerful yet controlled bass while maintaining a clear mid and high end. You can easily get over 15 watts in SE out of them which is great. I like the single ended class A sound and like power too. Everyone that has heard them in my amps raves about the transparency and detail. Plus they look unique in the world of similar looking tubes. They are as easy to drive as the other KT tubes. I’ve been using the Russian 6N6 and the 6922 with good results. The KT120 is also a great tube with just a little less power potential. If you can, try em you’ll like em!

Reactions: 1 user
Photographers describe that kind of Disease, as GAS . . .
Not fast moving, noisy, stinky air, instead it is:
Gear Acquesition Syndrome.

Those types of diseases are are all classified as Un-curable.
Sorry.

And, with photographers, it is all about light . . .
So I declare this post to be Lighthearted.
There!