Itching like crazy!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not that this really matters, but.....

Saturday night I went to a Japanese steak house for dinner.

I had Yakiniku, with mushrooms, carrots, rice, etc and Saki for the frist time in my life.

The only thing I know of that I haven't eaten before is the Saki, or possibly a liquid used in cooking as they don't tell one what it is.

Sunday afternoon I started itching.

Now is Monday evening and I'm still itching. I've taken benadryl but it does not seem to do anything.

The itching covers most of my body from time to time.

Right now my legs itch from half way down my calves to my ankles.

How long does it take to get over a food allergy? (Which is what i suspect this is).

I have small pink welts where I itch.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...itching covers most of my body ... I have small pink welts where I itch.

Perhaps not related, but throwing it out:

My mom rode an airliner with somebody visibly sick "like a cold". Several days *after* the flight she had an itchy rash which got so bad even the doctor was sympathetic. A week later she visited here and had to be greased-up with prescription ointment several times a day, which was apparently a big improvement.

So there is some kind of "cold" which may or may not make you sick but the sequel is a prolonged itchy rash.

I'm not a fan of Benadryl but if it works for you and isn't working for this rash, absolutely Go To A Doctor.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.