Issue with signal ground on diy amp in my car?

Hi,
The wire I ran was simply outside of the rca and touched the shield of the rca on either end. Not sure why this helped.
If I get a chance tomorrow I'll write down the voltage at each pin location. I was referencing the 48v ground when checking the pins.
IN- is the black wire of the 3 input wires.
Earlier I tried reverting the amp back to it's original configuration of accepting the balanced signal, and ran the 2 rca signal wires to IN+ and IN-, and sure enough it fixed the noise. It still doesn't explain why it was picking it up in the first place, but maybe this is the solution, at least for the amp modules that can accept it. The rear fill amp module which only accepts single ended is only playing from 300hz up, so even less of an issue if I needed to use a ground loop interruptor.
I am having an issue still where my gain is very very low. With the phone and USB C to rca combo, it has plenty of gain, but with the dsp it can barely be heard. I'm charging my multimeter now and I'll check the AC voltage output of the DSP at 60hz or something tomorrow and see what it says.