Is Voxativ the right FR for Rock/Metal music?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
+1 The pioneer's near limitless budget and great pressure to bring soundtracks to movie shows, large audiences left 'no stone unturned' when it came to accurate as practical reproduction of the critical phone BW and its harmonics out to ~9 kHz and why the vast majority of advancement has been limited to computer aided design, material, manufacturing and even then mostly WRT increasing power handling capability, which sadly has for the most part been at the expense of the original goal. :(

GM

Just an update after the burn-in of Voxativ drivers (Ac 1.8b wooden membrane)is finally done. These are the best drivers I ever listened to. I had some friends and colleagues that came over to my place and all of them became obsessed by the sound :)

I also think that the Euphoria speakers are a perfect match for these drivers, probably the reason they made the “partnership” with Voxativ.

If someone is living around Frankfurt I’m happy to invite you guys for a listening session.

Miracle1980,

How do they sound with metal music (the topic of your original post)?

What are the bands/music that you have been playing with them and what amp(s) are you using?

The sound with rock/metal is actually very good and I'm really satisfied with it. No harshness or sibilance with modern productions and the bass is tight and fast. Please notice that the Euphorias speakers I'm using have a 15" woofer working only on 250/300hz and below. The voxativ drivers are untouched...no crossover applied. For sure the 2 woofers help a lot with metal... and i never tried my voxativ in a pure single driver setup. But the mids and highs coming out from them is definitely stunning.

Regarding the metal bands... Tool, Neurosis, Gojira, Cult of Luna, Isis, Zao, Meshuggah and many others ;)

The amplifier that I am using is Aaron no.1a
It sounds really like a tube one but it's also fast and detailed... it's an amazing high end product. I just noticed that they also increased the price... when I bought it 4 years ago it was 450e cheaper!

Let me know if you have any further questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.