Is this amp rebuild-able?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone ! I have this punch 150 I think it's the HD model has the surface mount parts. I got this board free with a non working amp I got. It looks like it cpuld possibly be rebuilt? Here's a list of parts it's missing:

Q06
Q05
Q07
Q08

Q09 to Q20

CR9
CR10
L3
T1
L1
L2
CR1
CR4
CR3
CR2
U3
U2
Q3
Q4
Q2
Q1
Q13
RV1
RV2
C10

And a heat sink. If it can be rebuilt are any of those missing part easy to find? The board has 4 of 6 power transistors on which are labeled SS264.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 100
Looks like you need to get a schematic, make a parts list and do some research.

Its likely rebuildable, but the time you would spend researching, ordering parts and installing them, would be worth way more than the amp.

If its a personal challenge that you want to accomplish and your keeping it, go for it!!!

I have every part you would need, but I am not doing the research for you. Get me a list and I will get you the parts.

Looks like you need to get a schematic, make a parts list and do some research.

Its likely rebuildable, but the time you would spend researching, ordering parts and installing them, would be worth way more than the amp.

If its a personal challenge that you want to accomplish and your keeping it, go for it!!!

I have every part you would need, but I am not doing the research for you. Get me a list and I will get you the parts.

Do you know where I can find a schematic for this particular amp?

Rockford will give it to you.

I know Perry has a copy.

I lost all my HD schematics on a failed hard drive.

Rockford will give you any schematic they have that is not a current model amp.

Call them and ask for it over the phone, and have it e-mailed to you while your on the phone.

What's the reason that you would want to rebuild it? If it's to learn, OK. If it's to end up with a working amp, it would likely cost more than buying one in working condition.

When you contact Rockford, ask about the transformer.

I just thought it would be a nice challenge I've had some good luck rebuilding random stripped rf amp boards before and actually worked. This is missing all the output transistors, power supply transistors and of course transformer. Is it possible to use a transformer from the same model amp like this in this exact board or would there be any problems?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.