Is there a Neutrik Chassis mount 4pin XLR connector (female) that can have the locking mechanism removed?

Hi all,
I've bought a custom headphone amp by Radu Tarta that I'm really excited about

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details...pse-4p1l-sublime-hp-amp-and-high-gain-preamp/

And I'm trying to have him replace the 1/4" plug with a 4 pin XLR pug (still wired SE using the following wiring scheme) because all my headphones are wired with 4 pin XLR jacks so it will avoid me having to keep a pigtail dangling form the amp all the time and one less connection in the signal path.

IMG_5913.PNG

But I really hate locking connectors, and it will be especially difficult with this amp with the connector on top of the amp, I'll have to use 2 hands every time I remove a headphone from the amp. I have been told by an experienced amp builder that the locking mechanisms of these connectors can be removed.

I sent Radu these Neturik 4 pin chassis mount connectors, but he said he could not remove the locking mechanism without damaging the connector.

So I'd love recommendations on an alternative for which it is possible to disable/remove the locking mechanism. It has to fit the Neutrik screw holes because he's already got a Neutrik 1/4" plug fitted to the chassis as you can see in the pictures from the ad. And I'd ideallly like a nice connector that is gold plated like the one I linked to.

Thanks for any advice!

Or maybe someone knows how to disable the locking mechanism on the connector I linked to.

Whitney