Is there a 9th Planet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm wondering what of our present satellite/land-based tech we can use to pin this down further.

I got pretty excited about the initial rumblings that either there's something small near Pluto's range, or something bigger much further away a few weeks ago, but this work coming out of Caltech is another step up. :D

(Unapologetic nerd, this stuff is utterly cool)

Ah! Okay, I wasn't sure if they needed to buy time on Hubble for initial imaging. Fingers crossed!

A buddy of mine recently finished his Ph.D in astrophysics--this isn't his part of astrophysics, but I'm curious to hear what he has to say about it all.

So you guys ARE saying there is a giant planet that orbits the Sun but has so far not been seen by us.
Is this the so called (elusive!) Nibiru ?

It supposedly will pass by close to planet Earth sometime in the near future ? It must be traveling really fast to just 'brush past us ' quickly !

Are all the ancient planet Earth's "GODS" living on that planet ? :)

THAT would be cool ! We should all be very excited ! :D

Another thought. If this is so , humans will discover that they have been idolising and praying to another 'mere mortal' ! That wouldn't be correct. So they will start a NEW religion and prop up ANOTHER virtual GOD. Fascinating things can happen ! ;)
The future looks even more exciting ! Imagine meetings with 'ancient Gods' at conferences and eating meat and drinking wine ( they never got to beer or hard liquor before leaving planet Earth long ago !) . Hmm....:)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.