Is it possible: passive subsonic filter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I was wondering if someone has already built a subsonic filter to prevent excessive cone motion.

Using BassBox 6 at the External tab in the Driver Properties window I could experience with capacitor and inductance values but it looks like I would need 200-1000 microFarad and 20-60 mH (3-8 Ohm DCR) values which are very expensive.

As long as I read on other forums that they sell Behringer 2×3 way active crossovers for $200 I'm not shure the passive is the right choice.

Daniel:xeye:

re passive filters

If you are making your own power amplifier you can get a second order high pass filter by choosing the value of the input coupling capacitor, and the capacitor that shunts the feedback leg to ground. This has a fixed Qt=.5, and is suitable as a part of the SC6,C6, QB5 class III alignments.
If only a single capacitor can be used then this can be part of a B5 alignment, in practice a back to back pair of electrolytics that has a nominal total capacity of around twice the one called for in theory will give a result that only varies by a few db. from the ideal if put in series with the driver, this can also be used as a second order filter if you choose an input coupling capacitor that is equal to the theoretical value.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.