Irs2092 dead ? Missed wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, i bought a pair of irs2092 i powered the one but i messsed the wiring and i just saw a movement of the speaker like whene you plug a jack nothing esle i tryed many and my fuse were burning on my supply i replaced until i put in direct ans my transformer were acting like chortcuted so i stopped and checked once more my wiring until i noticed i messed with the + and - of my rectifier ... I was for sure it was wrong, i then tell ok well dead for dead i put the good wire and i got the xlsemi xl7005a who got burner apparently nothink else
I need somes peopple to tell me if i could repair it by only replacing the xlsemi xl75005a or it probably killed somethink else ?

190704120002211648.jpg

Thank you

Last edited:
If you have powered it the wrong way around then its likely blown the 2092 and any other IC's on the pcb. I would also check the mosfets are ok if you replace the 2092.

Ok thank you, i checked the irs no sign of burn on it
But for the mofset im waiting the lcr meter to test them
Actually i found the irs2092 for 3 usd the lot of 10 mofset for 3 usd, and the ser of 10 xl7005a for 3usd

As i paid the total fonctionnal board 15 usd, if i change the component on the pcd and its still not woking, that would be better to buy another board than wasting the money

the irs on the board
190705045723387235.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, i necro those topic, i just receved all the component today, do i disoldered the xl7005a and one of the pcb plate broke :(, it look like to go nowhere but im not sure
and on the xl7005a pinout its an en pin and on some wiring example its not connected
Do you tink its not connected ? What is those en pin ?

I tryed to find some shematic but i dont find any for the 500w mono model

Thanks

Hello, i necro those topic, i just receved all the component today, do i disoldered the xl7005a and one of the pcb plate broke :(, it look like to go nowhere but im not sure
and on the xl7005a pinout its an en pin and on some wiring example its not connected
Do you tink its not connected ? What is those en pin ?

I tryed to find some shematic but i dont find any for the 500w mono model

Thanks

Ok, i found the chematic and it look like to be a enable pin to turn on but i dont see where its connected, its probably not :confused:

Description

Drive it high to turn it off, floating is default low .

As i paid the total fonctionnal board 15 usd, if i change the component on the pcd and its still not woking, that would be better to buy another board than wasting the money
Instead of messing around with it and maybe having further problems it would be best to just buy a new one.
Electronics aren't very forgiving with wrong polarity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.