IRS2092 availability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you go to their site and have a look at part:

Code:
Sales Product Name	IRS2092PBF
Product Status	        discontinued

That part has EOL status

Now if you look at S variant of the part, then you see, that is almost the same story:

Code:
Sales Product Name	IRS2092SPBF
OPN	                IRS2092STRPBF	            IRS2092SPBF
Product Status	        active and preferred	    discontinued

So, soic version you can still get and some one that would buy (digikey, mouser, farnell,...) would have to buy tape/reel of them, 2500 per tape/reel. But the DIP version is EOL

Last edited:

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
TPA3255 is high power too.

I think you confused something. The TPA3255 is an amplifier IC. That means, nearly the complete amplifier is on that IC. The IRS2092 is a Class D audio amplifier driver. That means, it controls the modulation, dead time and switching of the amplifier transistors. It does not do the amplification itself. You can construct a lot different characteriscs of the amplifier with that IC. And the main thing is, you can't drop the TPA into an amplifier which is built with the IRS2092.

DIP version IRS2092 has been discontinued, and non-automotive grade SOIC IRS2092S is discontinued too, but SOIC AUIRS2092S is active (automotive grade). For SOIC to DIP there are adapters, but ordering from China can take over a month, and the adapter PCBs may benefit from trimming the traces not needed, since these use to be SOIC16 for one side and TSSOP16 the other:
soic to dip 16 adapter | eBay

Hi I am interesting for some irs2092 in DIL version. Have 6 boards for SystemD LiteAmp and just 2 IRS chips:(:(.

Regards
zoky2
I have 10 IRS2092PBF 16pin DIL in stock. All new in sealed RS antistatic cellophane. £4.97 each plus shipping.
Please PM me for more details, I will be back 8th January.
Have a nice Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 252
DIP version IRS2092 has been discontinued, and non-automotive grade SOIC IRS2092S is discontinued too, but SOIC AUIRS2092S is active (automotive grade). For SOIC to DIP there are adapters, but ordering from China can take over a month, and the adapter PCBs may benefit from trimming the traces not needed, since these use to be SOIC16 for one side and TSSOP16 the other:
soic to dip 16 adapter | eBay

Those adapters are not good for my use ,they are much wider then DIL socket,at least I can not find s good one. They are good only for DIL 8 use.See the pictures how they look like.

Regard
zoky2

Attachments

• DIL 8.jpg
    DIL 8.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 248
  • DIL14 .jpg
    DIL14 .jpg
    822.1 KB · Views: 235
D

Deleted member 148505

I've made sockets for my modules, 8pins are surface mount so the pins are needed to be trimmed and soldered under the pcb.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 97
  • jla1200d - Copy.jpg
    jla1200d - Copy.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 79
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.