IRFP transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While searching for suppliers of IRFP 240/9240 transistors, one of them came up with a type number IRFP9240-R4941, instead of the standard number....
Is this just a bad stock no. - with lot code..??
Anyone who has a clue what this means,- or if it has any significance at all..??

Searching in all directions just gives me the standard part data........

No; the TO247 is kind of a variation on the TO220 and the TO3 is the old style of large power package- sort of diamond-shaped with a flange and two mounting holes. I think you can get the details at International Rectifier's website (and probably many others). Most manufacturers post the 'mechanical specifications' which are the package dimension drawings.

Having been away from electronic design for some years, I wasn't familiar with the TO247 myself, but I found my way to info about it somewhere, I think at the IR page.

I have a catalog (Finnish Suomen huoltopalvelu Oy) on my lap, and it has some mica washers for sale. TO-220 is just like we all know it. So is TO-3. But there is one that is square-shaped, a little bigger (wider) than TO-220 and it has three codes for it: SOT-93, TO-3P and ISO-218. Fischer's catalog had same dimensions for something it calls TO-218 and TO-247. So after a little research it seems that after all TO-3P (not a misspelled TO-3) and TO-247 are the same. Though I'm a bit lost why the SHP catalog has also TOP-3, a 17.5x20.5mm square with top corners cut, i.e. rectangle like a half hexagon added to it.

TO3P = flat 20x26mm body (Magnatec)
TO247 = flat 15x20mm body (Magnatec)
TO 3 PF = 20x24mm square (Fischer's catalog)
TO 247/1 = 21x24mm square (Fischer's catalog)
In SHP catalog all are out of scale and not detailed anywhere

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.