Investment volume potentiometer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
This circuit is known for decades and allows gain setting over a bigger level range than with a passive pot provideing a good noise performance as well. You can find it in analogue mixing consoles.
Nothing esoteric with it.
But the potentiometer they use looks like some el cheapo low quality stuff, anything else but high-end.

Fast Eddie D, I would like to know your circuit. We are here to provide ideas and circuits that work.

It's just a unity gain buffer behind the volume control. It's as simple as a wikipedia circuit. Provide local bypassing on the board. Capacitor couple what you need to for your circuit. You can even configure it for gain with the addition of 4 more resistors.

This circuit is known for decades and allows gain setting over a bigger level range than with a passive pot provideing a good noise performance as well. You can find it in analogue mixing consoles.
Nothing esoteric with it.

It just varies the gain of the active circuit. It's very useful.

But the potentiometer they use looks like some el cheapo low quality stuff, anything else but high-end

This is the issue with the circuit. If the potentiometer displays any intermittent operation, then the circuit goes nuts. Any scratchiness is amplified in a nasty way. Any nonlinearities in the potentiometer are amplified.

Fitero, I meant that as someone has said that the device can operate, will set to work. If I make a mistake it's because I have not mastered English well and therefore use the Google translator. Or because I write from a mobile phone, which leads spelling errors. I apologize, but I'm not a new user, I have intervened on many issues and no one has made a mistake taunts. Greetings.

.............. If I make a mistake it's because ............. Or because I write from a mobile phone, which leads spelling errors. I apologize, .............
You don't say.
So Spanish humor doesn't translate to Uruguay. Who knew?!

On these forums where there are people from many countries trying to make themselves understood it helps to have patience, humor and thick skin.

I'm out.
And stop using those mobile phones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.