• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the Hermes-Amanero

sample rate indicators (F0, F1, F2, F3)

I've ever purchased a Chronus with Hermes-AmaneroUSB Isolator Module and Cronus Re-clocking Module with 45.1584/49.152MHz Rhea Pair.
The are working pretty good as expected.

I would like to confirm that Amanero's sample rate indicators (F0, F1, F2, F3) are usable as is?

debianx

I've ever purchased a Chronus with Hermes-AmaneroUSB Isolator Module and Cronus Re-clocking Module with 45.1584/49.152MHz Rhea Pair.
The are working pretty good as expected.

I would like to confirm that Amanero's sample rate indicators (F0, F1, F2, F3) are usable as is?

debianx

Possibly - you may need to change the Amanero config a bit - I would ask them and get the config tool for yourself. Then just observe if you get what you expect.

Unfortunately, the only place where I found explanation of where to place the Rhea modules is in the picture of Miero´s web page. 45MHz clock on X1 and 49Mhz clock on X2 place. This placement is correctly with BBB.

But this is incorrect placement using Amanero. Tested with hifiduino frequency meter. When I play 96K files, display shows 88,2Khz. Moreover, the music of 48K family sounds slower.

Regards

I finished building an Amanero/Hermes/Cronus and tested it out this weekend in my dual mono BIII DAC. Wow! High marks! Excellent sound quality from top to bottom! I just played mostly standard flac and some DSD files. It worked great. Running in async mode.

This one is for an out of state friends single BIII DAC that I built. His DAC has a TP Sidecar and the Cronus will connect to the pin header. I had a few female headers laying around and modded one to solder U.fl connectors to so it's a plug in swap for him. Just cut/bend the pins. Solder header pin under bent pins to connect U.fl grounds, solder header ground pin to U.fl grounds. Too bad I ran out of U.fl connectors, will see if I can make this work next week.

If I had thicker U.fl cables my wire stripper might work. I wrecked one .81 thick U.fl cable trying to strip the ends.

Last edited:
Better sound quality

Hi,
I am very much interested in the combination Amanero-Hermes-Cronus.
Is there to expect an increase in sound quality when used? Is there a link available with jitter data of Amanero without and with the isolator/ reclocker feature?
Best regards
Sigi

Does the amanero Hermes USB module require both a 5.25v and 3.3v power supply, or just one of these? I plan to connect the module to my buffalo IIISE DAC and a Mac mini music server.

Thank you

You only need a 5v supply for the isolated (Cronus/DAC) side. The Ananero and Hermes are powered by the USB interface. The Cronus had its own 3.3v regulator (powered by the 5.25v supply). Typically you just share the DAC's supply.