Introducing OB-1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The basic design is here ARGOS loudspeakers. except add a resistor across the mid.

I'm at Uni at the moment but will try to find the values used when I get home. Have been meaning to draw it up and add it to the web page anyway.

I have tried to simulate this topology of crossover. I have used the data from my open baffle (a 12" + 5" + 1"). It is very approximative and very theoretical. You cannot make a good and precise crossover with this. The midrange must be inverted if you want something more flat.
It could work if all drivers have the same acoustic center. The tweeter is horned, helps a lot.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In my case the result will be better if my tweeter is horned.

Except this point, your project is very nice ;)

Hope this helps to improve the project :)

I have tried to simulate this topology of crossover. I have used the data from my open baffle (a 12" + 5" + 1"). It is very approximative and very theoretical. You cannot make a good and precise crossover with this. The midrange must be inverted if you want something more flat.
It could work if all drivers have the same acoustic center. The tweeter is horned, helps a lot.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In my case the result will be better if my tweeter is horned.

Except this point, your project is very nice ;)

Hope this helps to improve the project :)

How did you get the data for your open baffle ?

Your curves indicate a lower x-o point of 600ish.. , this is probably not ideal, try to push it lower.

Hey, I just realise you are in Lyon. I actually have a conference to attend in Lyon on 28th June -1st July and will be in France from 14th June to 7th July..

Last edited:
How did you get the data for your open baffle ?

I made my measurements with Arta. The measurements are gated to avoid rooms reflections. Below 300Hz my measurement are not precise but enough to make the simulations.
See the raw measurement here

Yes I use a high point 500Hz and 2500Hz like in my design. Note, I tested this crossover because I am curious.

Three week en France :D The weather will be good and hot at this date.
The 21th June it is the day for music festival in France. You will have in a lot of place, in the street, all kind of group of music. Nice to see ;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.