Interview with Martin Colloms

It's obvious what needs to be inserted. People believe in their ears, especially when shelling big bucks for a system tasked to provide them with listening pleasure. Convoluted engineering theories are certainly applicable in technical fields, but people keep forgetting that listening pleasure is not a technical field.

So, whether scientifically right or wrong, Mr Colloms' prediction turned out to be true :)
So its wrong but its true. Spoken like a true audiophool.

1642960765212.png

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Colloms (and other) hifi reviews always seem to be based on the idea that there's a single sound that we'd all stand there and admire and concede cannot be improved.

It's fake. We're all different with different brains and ears. There is no ideal, just personal taste. The receiver is broken. All that matters is that we're happy with the system we have.

Also, of course, all recordings are compromised so your system is broken right at the very start.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Cable lifters are real things! Wow. There are fancy ones too! It's a wonderful world we live in where such marvels can be found. So many lifters to try, so many different spacings between them. I can't wait to try them on my phono cables with the hand woven (on the full moon) mithril braid.

I always coveted the B1814 monsters but never found any until last Summer. At the big Elephant's Trunk flea market, there were a pair of large ADC speakers with the B1814 woofers but I could not find any good justification for buying them except for nostalgia.

Side bar: New Milford CT was the home of Peter Pritchard/ADC and nos ADC stuff still shows up at the flea.