Interesting cable from Europe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I attached the photo, but I do not see it

Attachments

• dr2.jpg
    dr2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 383
cleaning, sticking, crimping... it looks easy...
perfect litze structure, 48.000 fibres, but I can make thicker of course, but making good contacts is already not so easy.
But it worth while, because no more harsh at all, you can hear louder with no disturb, or quietly with no loss of details, because of the lower noise floor...
but...
some people like excitement in music, they never mind more harmonics, little more distortion, more bass feeling, etc. This cable is not for them.
If you like relaxing or discovering music, do not want more from music, than exist, yes, this carbon cable is probable for you.

good response curve, good noise floor, etc.

tarcuper: " ... some people like excitement in music, they never mind more harmonics, little more distortion, more bass feeling, etc. This cable is not for them. ..."

For our projects we are looking for the very best possible signal pass through = least distortion, lowest noise floor (maximum headroom), better impedence match at audio frequencies, etc. ... the best possible XLR cable.

:smash:

I understand something about crimp connections and was wondering, over time and usage, if the crimp connections deteriorate or get lose or change impedence?

I would have guessed that the application of solder might improve mechanical strength by filling any gaps between the crimped connector and the fibers. Would crimping and soldering improve the longer term connections ... Yes?? Would adding solder to the crimping be worth the trouble & expense? :confused:

No solder! = Got it

tarcuper: " ... You cannot solder carbon at all. Crimping technics is used by much well known cable production firms, it is probably better than soldering. Carbon absolutely stand up against corrosions. ..."

Got it for sure. No solder allowed.

Stevox: " ... have connected your cables in my DAC output, and yes it sound different now. It is what your are saying a little quiter and less harsh, soundstage is good. ..."

?? Is it going to be worth EU$4 per meter ?? ... I guess I'll just have to wait for my samples.

Patience is a virtue ...

:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.