• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest Check: Plitron 300VA 18V Dual Secondary Standard Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Update

I've received a reply from Plitron - no additional discount if we hit the 50 unit mark, so I'd like to close off this group buy next week and begin the process of finalizing numbers. I'll have to look into what the paypal fees are on the collecting end, so please be aware that this will be added to final costs.

US Shipments:

Shipping to the US will be sent from Plitron to a US member via UPS (brokerage and shipping will apply to the whole shipment). Shipping from there will be via USPS Priority Mail flat rate box (can someone tell me how big the flat rate box is?). Plitron will not charge any taxes on top of the US orders and all US members will split the 1-time UPS brokerage fee evenly per unit. Approximate US costs will be:

$63 USD per unit
$8-10 USD for UPS postage and brokerage to US per unit
$10 USD for USPS flat rate box (per shipment provided it will fit in the flat rate box)

Canadian and European Shipments:

I will be picking up the units from Plitron, so no additional shipping charges will apply - members in the GTA can meet me for pick. Shipping will be actual Canada Post regular parcel costs using the calculators in my previous posts. Not including shipping (and any customs for outside of Canada), approximate costs will be:

$65.85 CAD per unit
$9.22 GST and PST per unit

Here are some additional details on how we'll proceed:

TO CONFIRM YOUR INTEREST:

Send an email with the subject "diyaudio Plitron Group Buy" to:

plitron_gb - at - yahoo - dot - com
(replacing the at with @ and dot com with .com)

in the email, please enter your:

diyaudio member name
your real name
how many units you want

I will use the email responses to track official interest - please do not email me directly - again, only email to the address listed above

Possibly (hopefully) I have problems that are causing the mechanical buzz. I will postt anything I find out in the "mini aleph rebuild" thread I started.

thanks for the tips, and sorry for the OT...

PS- Jase--I used .66 ohm resistors in line with the output fets to drop bias current to 1 amp.

JJ

Re: Update

twitchie said:
Shipping from there will be via USPS Priority Mail flat rate box (can someone tell me how big the flat rate box is?).

from the USPS website:

• Domestic Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes are available to anywhere in the U.S. for $8.95.

• The inside dimensions for the two boxes available are 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" and 13.625" x 11.875" x 3.375".

• The contents of the flat rate box must be neatly contained inside of the box with adhesive packaging tape.

• The box must close securely and retain its shape when taped with adhesive.

• The shape of the box may not be changed or enlarged to fit its contents.

We may decide to add tracking information to the above prices, so I think the $10 estimate is reasonable. If the US broker cannot obtain enough boxes at their local branch office, they are readily available via the USPS website.

jupiterjune said:
Possibly (hopefully) I have problems that are causing the mechanical buzz. I will postt anything I find out in the "mini aleph rebuild" thread I started.

thanks for the tips, and sorry for the OT...

PS- Jase--I used .66 ohm resistors in line with the output fets to drop bias current to 1 amp.

JJ

Ive noticed i have a little hum too, from the transformer, i did replace this hum by using a piece of wood and a plastic piece of plexie glass to hold the transformer down.

Jase

I am running 4 of these, one other thing i have done was put a mains filter on the ac input along with 2 thermistors.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Official Confirmation Process

Just because it's easy to miss posts, I'll repeat the confirmation instructions here:

OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION INSTRUCTIONS

diyaudio member name
your real name
how many units you want

Re: Official Confirmation Process

twitchie said:
Just because it's easy to miss posts, I'll repeat the confirmation instructions here:

diyaudio member name
your real name
how many units you want

Just Re sent :D

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Confirmed as of July 12

Here's what I've received for confirmations so far:

(2) twitchie
(1) hc167
(2) rdk845
(2) Dennis Hui
(2) pchw
(2) gjfim
(1) tommak
(2) ipolyakov
(2) jleaman
(4) BWRX
(2) luvdunhill
(2) greyhorse
(3) jinkslynx
(2) Looneytoons
(2) jamayfie
(2) JimT
(2) 04dgmsilv
(2) gabkw

Total (37) units

I will post payment instructions in the next few days and will probably close this Group Buy next week. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
It's not too late to join still - once we get final pricing on our order next week, I'll be able to determine final prices and will probably close off the GB then.

Right now, semi-rough calculations is putting the price around $80CAD for US members (per transformer and then another $10 for the flat-rate shipping to them - at most 2 or possibly 3 will fit in the flat rate box - another item that needs to be determined)

Canadian and ROW (rest of world) members will be paying around $76CAD + paypal fees (if applicable) per unit + shipping.

I posted the shipping calculator here - I may have forgotten to add insurance.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1250172#post1250172

Thanks for everybody's interest and patience in this Group Buy.

Stephen

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
twitchie said:
the person I was dealing with at Plitron is on vacation til monday, so I won't have any final figures til next week.

Hi Stephen. Any updates for us now that the Plitron guy is back from vacation? The USPS already delivered the flat rate boxes so I'm ready to overload the local post office when the transformers come ;)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi All,

Thanks again for everybody's patience - I just received a reply this morning from Plitron with shipping quotes.

I should have final numbers available today and will start collecting payments.

With this, I'm going to declare this Group Buy CLOSED. There may be some people who drop out, so if you want to be added to the waiting list, please continue to email the group buy email in the confirmation instructions.

Here is the list of confirmed members:

(Canada)
4 Twitchie
4 Dennis Hui
2 jleaman
2 greyhorse
2 JimT
6 Peter Daniel

(Europe)
3 jinkslynx

(US)
1 hc167
2 rdk845
2 pchw
2 gjfim
1 tommak
2 ipolyakov
4 BWRX
2 luvdunhill
2 Looneytoons
2 jamayfie
2 04dgmsilv
2 gabkw
1 jerishi
2 Stones

Please stand by for further updates

Stephen

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Update

Thanks for everyone's patience in this - I think we've got things organized well enough now to start accepting payments.

BWRX is going to contact the US members and will be organizing things from the US side of things - thanks very much for agreeing to all the work (work already done and the work coming still) in handling things on the US side.

For the confirmed members, I've forwarded your contact information to BWRX and he should be in touch with you to collect payment and shipping information.

I've started contacting some of the non-US members for details and will start collecting the same payment and shipping information tonight.

I'm trying to confirm with Plitron on how long it will take to make our order and will post an update when I hear back from them on that.

Stephen

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
First off, we all owe Stephen (twitchie) a big thanks for initiating and doing the majority of the work for this group buy. Thanks twitchie! :cheers:

Now, listen up US members. Here is the equation that will be used to calculate the total cost for your order:

($66.12*QTY+$10)*1.03

$66.12 is the cost per transformer
QTY is how many you ordered
$10 is for flat rate shipping and packaging
3% of the total cost is added on for Paypal fees

If you ordered 1 transformer your total will be $78.40.

If you ordered 2 transformers your total will be $146.51.

I will send out emails to each of you tonight asking for your paypal address and shipping information. Once I receive your reply I will send you a Paypal invoice. When I receive payment I will send you an email to let you know it was received. Then we wait... I'll post here when the shipment arrives and will begin shipping them out ASAP.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.