• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

interconnects

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Planet Waves. They are quieter than any other cable I've tried.

I'm not one for esoteric cables and interconnects, in fact I tend to use 16AWG zip cord for speakers but with their guitar cables the difference in noise was very audible so I got one of their RCA pairs to try with my tube amp. The difference between them and cheap RCA cables was less noticeable than the guitar cable but putting my ear right next to the speaker I could hear a difference.

They also make speaker cables with banana plugs and with Speakon connectors.

I think part of the reason they work better is that they have a spring-loaded system in the connectors that makes absolutely great contact with the jacks, no wiggling or movement once they are plugged in. Can't hurt anyway.

http://www.planet-waves.com/

planet waves

They are aval at my local music store , price is not bad.
I can tell you there is NO DOUBT that interconnects make a difference
I have MB quart q series in my car and the DENFORD deck with class A amps and I used 3 different cables and I feel anyone could have been able to tell the difference espescialy the bass.

Jeff

Re: planet waves

tenderland said:
I can tell you there is NO DOUBT that interconnects make a difference
Jeff

I've tried several different speaker cables without an audible difference but the interconnects were quite a different story. I even laid one right on top of a florescent light fixture with no audible pickup of noise. Pretty darn good I think!

Maybe a little off-topic, but hey, this is DIY audio...

I just made my first silver interconnects, replacing my cheap "hifi"-cables, and they absolutely blow my mind!!!

I'm not into cables, just some fun diy, but it sounds like I have a new cd-player!

Just wanted to share my happiness...:rolleyes:

Miniwatt said:
Maybe a little off-topic, but hey, this is DIY audio...

I just made my first silver interconnects, ...

...it sounds like I have a new cd-player!

Just wanted to share my happiness...:rolleyes:

Did you make the cables from a kit or purchase the components and assemble them from scratch? Are the connectors RCA? And finally did you solder the connectors on or use a compression fitting?

I've seen some RCA cable kits with no-solder plugs and I wonder how those would work in the long run.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.