Inline audio gain amplifier

Hey All,
I've just replaced the woofers on my diy bi-amped center-channel for deeper bass, but by Hoffman's Law sensitivity is only 81db. I picked up the next higher power model (a GFA-545II) but voltage gain is the same.
I have yet to reinstall it and hear what I have, but if I can't dial in enough gain on the crossover, is there a good in-line amp you can recommend?

Or, is there a component swap that will increase voltage gain on an Adcom GFA-545II?

Last edited:
Hey All,
I've just replaced the woofers on my diy bi-amped center-channel for deeper bass, but by Hoffman's Law sensitivity is only 81db. I picked up the next higher power model (a GFA-545II) but voltage gain is the same.
I have yet to reinstall it and hear what I have, but if I can't dial in enough gain on the crossover, is there a good in-line amp you can recommend?

Or, is there a component swap that will increase voltage gain on an Adcom GFA-545II?
The question remains: what is the best way to get a clean, quiet bump of up to 12 db on a line-level signal to a power amp?