infinity reference 310a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heres my problem. Currently have a pioneer gm5100t class a/b stereo amp pushing a jbl 10" at 8 ohms (dvc 4 ohm)

I purchased a reference 310A mono class d for the subwoofer so i could use the pioneer for my mids/highs. The 310a is technically a smaller amp, rated at 310X1 RMS @ 2 ohms. I rewired the sub in parallel to 2 ohms and hooked up the infinity, but the output is much lower than the old pioneer. The pioneer was bridged to 8 ohms so only 250 watts RMS on paper. The infinity has a clip/protection indicator which is not lighting up, and as far as i can tell its functioning aside from not being nearly as loud. I have the gain and the bass at max as well as the headunit subwoofer output turned up, but its still lacking. Im thinking something must be at fault internally. What should I be looking at in this situation? i pulled the cover of the infinty and there is no obvious faults..no burnt/leaking/buldged caps or diodes. Ill see if i can get a nice close-up pic . thanks for any input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.