• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

inductor filter 5 henry

Thanks for education. Since I am a newbee in this subject I believe you are absolutely right, but looking at the price of such an inductor /hammond/ I really do not accept spending that money on a cheap chinese tube amp /five times or so more expensive than the amp itself/.Therefore I am looking for some compromise. On top I have here 6 filters TRIAD 1 HY each and looking for some solution using them. So please share your oppinion.
Thanks

This is the amp, there is a variant with 4 diodes as well

Attachments

• 6P1.jpg
    6P1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 141
Ah, so this is a new project? Maybe connect all of your 1H chokes in series and try it. It only has to be quiet enough for your speakers in your room and your hum tolerance. You might or might not like the frequency response coloring of the amplifier's high output impedance, so noise may not be the biggest issue, long term, but the joy is in the building.

All good fortune,
Chris

Just to be clear, your post #13 shows a different transformer than post #12? The drawing, with its center tap and ambiguous placement of "230V 120mA" could be misinterpreted.

If I'm being over-cautious and you understand the difference, then a full wave bridge better utilizes the mains transformer.

All good fortune,
Chris

Yes, they are different trafos /mine is not exactly same/ and I will choose one of them dependigng on the rectification - full or half, I am a bit afraid, that in case of full /grez/ rectification the voltage will go much high - 250 V x 1.41 so maybe the half will be better - I have I have a trafo with 2 x 250 V with center so can go both ways.

With 1H, the ripple is about 0.2V, or -64dB rel. 310V. You should be good.
Download LTspice, run the attached PS01.asc, feel free to play around with the values, guarantied no magic smoke.
I always simulate a circuit, no matter how trivial, before committing.

Attachments

• PS01.asc
    1.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 1 user